Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Braves/Red Sox choke jobs

Which team will complete the choke job? 20 members have voted

  1. 1. Which team will complete the choke job?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

What a terrible September both of these teams have had. The Braves lead is down to 1, and they have 3 games at home against the Phillies, while the Cardinals go on the road to play the last place Astros for 3 games. The Red Sox have a 1/2 game lead over the Rays while I type this. They have a game tonight against the Yankees tonight as Lackey takes the mound against Nova. That match up definitely favors the Yankees. After that Boston plays their last 3 at Baltimore, while the Rays will host the Yankees for 3. It will be very interesting to see what kind of lineup the Yankees run out there for those 3 games. So who completes the choke job? The Braves? The Red Sox? Both?

  • Replies 182
  • Views 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And what kind of lineup the Phillies put out against the Braves. I think the Phillies will definitely put their A team out there because of the way they have been playing lately. They need to get back on track for the playoffs. The Yankees might rest a starter or two in each game, depending on health and fatigue of their regulars.

Braves really miss Hanson and Jurrjens. With that said the collapse has been embarrassing and they dont deserve to make the playoffs.

You know what I'm hoping for. :D

 

Side note: The attendance of the UTEP/USF game was down last night and I know a lot of people there were listening to the Jays/Rays game at the Trop. I know this because when Damon hit the 3 run HR in the 8th, there was roar at the Bulls game for no apparent reason.

Braves really miss Hanson and Jurrjens. With that said the collapse has been embarrassing and they dont deserve to make the playoffs.

 

If they make it, they'll get swept anyway.

If they make it, they'll get swept anyway.
:thumb:

Wanna cry. They don't deserve to go. It's been a tale of two halves for this team. Braves need to release Lowe

Braves really miss Hanson and Jurrjens. With that said the collapse has been embarrassing and they dont deserve to make the playoffs.

 

The Braves, Red Sox and Pirates collapses all prove that it is all about pitching.

 

You can add the down season for the Reds in there also. Starting pitching really let the Reds down this year.

Ellsbury with a big bomb to help the Sox tonight.

It will be real interesting to see what kind of Lineup the Yankees use these next few days! Rest guys for the playoffs :)

I chose the Braves bc the BoSox have a series with Baltimore coming up, should be an easier path. I would love to see Boston blow it for the one reason that I feel they are the only AL team that could give my Yankees trouble in the playoffs.

I am really pulling for the Braves to make it, do not want to have to look at the Whiny Birds in the playoffs.

It will be real interesting to see what kind of Lineup the Yankees use these next few days! Rest guys for the playoffs :)

 

Who did the Yankees play in their lineup yesterday in the double header? I don't know. I am asking. If ever you would rest players though, that would be it. They clinched home field advantage in the playoffs the night before so nothing left to play for. A double header so you are going to sit some guys normally in each game anyway. So what did the Yankees do?

It will be real interesting to see what kind of Lineup the Yankees use these next few days! Rest guys for the playoffs :)
I can see the Yankees doing everything in their power to keep Boston out of the playoffs. Despite Boston being 6-17 in September now, it would give them great pleasure - and I think a better chance - if the Red Sox are not in it. The Yanks have the #1 seed in the AL so they should shut it down.

 

The Atlanta choke job has been as equally (un)impressive. If I were Philly I would want Atlanta in the playoffs so that they can avoid Puljos in the first round.

Who did the Yankees play in their lineup yesterday in the double header? I don't know. I am asking. If ever you would rest players though, that would be it. They clinched home field advantage in the playoffs the night before so nothing left to play for. A double header so you are going to sit some guys normally in each game anyway. So what did the Yankees do?
They did not go full strength and pulled a few through the game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.