Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Braves/Red Sox choke jobs

Which team will complete the choke job? 20 members have voted

  1. 1. Which team will complete the choke job?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

TB 5 NYY 2

BAL 6 BOS 3

 

The AL Wildcard is all tied up.

  • Replies 182
  • Views 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TB 5 NYY 2

BAL 6 BOS 3

 

The AL Wildcard is all tied up.

 

It is tough to blow a 9 game lead in less than a month.

Red Sox now under .250 win pct. for the month. Last time that happened: April of 1966 (3-10).

Tampa funs are excited.

 

19k showed up tonight.

Tampa funs are excited.

 

19k showed up tonight.

 

Sad, they need to get that team out of there.

Houston bailed the Braves out in extras today, or else each wild card would be tied up.

Tampa funs are excited.

 

19k showed up tonight.

 

Lucky they got that many. There was a Bingo Bonanza going on down at the Bay Front. :D

It is tough to blow a 9 game lead in less than a month.

 

Yeah it is. Reds fans gave up on the season and wanted to play all the rookies when they were down 9 with two months to go.

So if both of these series tie, both would go to a 1 game playoff correct? The season series does not mean anything does it?

I think Boston will finish the choke job. They're struggling mightily, and I'm not convinced that the Yanks will be bringing their A game. I'm not saying they'll purposely tank it just to keep Boston out. Its just the reality of the situation. They have nothing to play for and in that situation you're not going to bring the same intensity, IMO. However, considering the questions around the Red Sox pitching right now, and how the two teams are playing, I think the Yanks might be better off if they made it in instead of the Rays.

 

The one thing that might motivate the Yankees is the fact that they might have to face Tampa again in a week or so. Do they potentially want to get swept by a team that they'll have to face again soon?

I think Boston will finish the choke job. They're struggling mightily, and I'm not convinced that the Yanks will be bringing their A game. I'm not saying they'll purposely tank it just to keep Boston out. Its just the reality of the situation. They have nothing to play for and in that situation you're not going to bring the same intensity, IMO. However, considering the questions around the Red Sox pitching right now, and how the two teams are playing, I think the Yanks might be better off if they made it in instead of the Rays.

 

The one thing that might motivate the Yankees is the fact that they might have to face Tampa again in a week or so. Do they potentially want to get swept by a team that they'll have to face again soon?

They would not face Tampa until the ALCS. Despite Boston's recent fall, they have not done well against them through the season.

How in the world did I miss the fact that the season ends on Wednesday this season instead of the normal Sunday?

So if both of these series tie, both would go to a 1 game playoff correct? The season series does not mean anything does it?

 

The season series would determine where the playoff was played. I don't know about Boston/Tampa Bay, but the game would be in St. Louis if they and Atlanta end up tied.

They would not face Tampa until the ALCS. Despite Boston's recent fall, they have not done well against them through the season.

 

The Yankees were 1-8 against Boston in the first half of the season, 5-4 since.

 

9-7 against the Rays this year.

 

If I added it up correctly. It doesn't matter really, you can throw the Boston record out the window. They aren't playing the same baseball as before and injuries have killed their pitching staff. Obviously you never know what will happen in baseball, but I'd rather play the Red Sox than the Rays right now. JMO

^That being said, I think the Yankees make out their lineups the next two games with one thought in mind - how do we best get ready for the playoffs? If someone could use a day or two off, then so be it. If I want to hold back one of my pitchers so he will be my game one starter in the playoffs, then I do it. Winning these next two games means nothing to the Yankees. They are all about getting ready for the playoffs.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.