Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Define - Running Up the Score

Featured Replies

If you're up four or more scores late and you still have your first team kids in and they score, that -- at least to me -- is running up the score.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 6-man football in Texas once the lead gets to 45 points the game is stopped. Would a system like that eliminate this discussion? Is that a good plan?

 

I agree with a previous poster who said "you know it when you see it." But it really can be difficult to define.

In 6-man football in Texas once the lead gets to 45 points the game is stopped. Would a system like that eliminate this discussion? Is that a good plan?

 

I agree with a previous poster who said "you know it when you see it." But it really can be difficult to define.

 

Wow! That's just not right!

40 point lead in the second half and not pulling the starters.

I think anything is fair game in the first half ... I've heard some complaining this past week about Lone Oak throwing for a touchdown late in the first half with a big lead on Reidland, but I think most coaches take the approach that the second half is where you start to let off the gas.

Wow! That's just not right!

 

So do you feel the "mercy rule" in baseball/softball isn't right either?

I have to agree with Clyde. You know it when you see it.

First half belongs to the starters no matter what. Teams that find themselves in this position do so because they have worked hard year round to make themselves that much better than their opponent.Those players desrve to play at least a half. When the backups go in the game, they should run the playbook. Afterall, they had to practice all week against the guys who just put 40 on you in a half. They deserve to get to run their teams plays.

How about up 41-0 in the 4th and you go for 2?

How about up 41-0 in the 4th and you go for 2?

 

If you always go for 2 , no problem.

 

Otherwise, bush.

How about up 41-0 in the 4th and you go for 2?

 

If you always go for 2 , no problem.

 

Otherwise, bush.

 

That or perhaps if your kicker was injured earlier in the game, there has to be a legit reason as to why.

I might go as far as the first 3 quarters are fair game.

Like porno: hard to put into words but I know it when I see it.

 

Glad to see you're a Justice Scalia fan Clyde.:thumb:

So do you feel the "mercy rule" in baseball/softball isn't right either?

 

Feel free to explain those rules to me. I'm not familiar.

Glad to see you're a Justice Scalia fan Clyde.:thumb:

 

Justice Potter said it as well.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.