September 12, 201115 yr When Cedric broke free on the TD run, I wonder if he gave any thought to pulling up short of the goal line? Browns had no timeouts. Bengals would have gone into the victory formation with a fresh set of downs. 2 snaps, game over. The TD gave the Browns the only chance to get the ball back.
September 12, 201115 yr Author When Cedric broke free on the TD run, I wonder if he gave any thought to pulling up short of the goal line? Browns had no timeouts. Bengals would have gone into the victory formation with a fresh set of downs. 2 snaps, game over. The TD gave the Browns the only chance to get the ball back. They asked him. He said no way.
September 12, 201115 yr Was is Maurice Jones Drew who did that last year? (To secure the victory and with many apologies to fantasy football owners who had started him?)
September 12, 201115 yr http://www.covers.com/articles/artic...245500&article “I think we have one ticket on the Bengals – I’m serious,” Hilton sportsbook manager Jay Kornegay told Covers.com on Saturday. “And it was for 20 dollars. The guy only risked 20, not 22.” Poll on BGP was 17-9 in favor of the Clowns. Actually had a buddy of mine give me the Bengals +10. He just hates Mike Brown. It's sad to see people root against the Bengals because of MB. He is not on the field. Cashing in big time tomorrow. Love to bet against MB haters. They have no clue.
September 12, 201115 yr Weeeeeee called it in the update thread. The Bengals are your AFC North Champs this year. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Keep drinking the Kool-Aid!
September 12, 201115 yr Not that at all, people said I was just being bias but I was just looking at the big picture for the Bengals. The main people being bias was the people who completely hate Mike Brown so much, that they couldn't see that this team is not a horrible team and does have talent here. The Bengals defense is solid besides the two plays the Bengals secondary went stupid in the first half. Then on offense they have a runningback they can pound it with, and young talented WR's and TE's. It just comes down to QB play and Dalton did a great job managing things and taking advantage of opportunities in the first half. Hopefully his wrist is not bad and he is back next week. The Bengals well do as well as he does, if he can take care of the ball manage the game and make plays when needed then they could keep surprising people. Other than QB play the bengals have a better team that most people wanted to give them credit for. Want to buy some reduced price seat licenses since you are so excited about them?
September 12, 201115 yr I got cute with this game in my survivor league. Aaaand now I'm out because I took Cleveland. Ironically, it was Cincinnati's choke job against Tampa Bay that knocked me out last year.
September 12, 201115 yr Want to buy some reduced price seat licenses since you are so excited about them? If you stop letting your hatred toward Mike Brown get in the way of clearly looking at this team, you will see it is not that bad of a team. Maybe it was just dumb luck, however the Bengals have put together a solid defense and a young talented offense. Not to mention I believe the Jay Gruden hire was out of their norm, and will end up being a good hire. The QB is the big question mark, and at least for a half Dalton did at least show that he could end up being a good one. Now as for the seats, if I had the money I probably would be more interested in them. However at the moment money is tight for me, so I can't do it. However I will be at the first home game against the 49ers.
September 12, 201115 yr All I can say is, no Carson Palmer....The Bengals are 1-0. Coincidence? I think not.
September 12, 201115 yr Very impressed with the team effort today. First time they seem as if they have played like a whole team in quite a while now. A few things caught my attention that I believe are going to be good for the longer term. First, I believe that Dalton is going to be a solid quarterback. He was spot on with many throws, which quite a few had been dropped. His play action ability looks like it is going to be excellent. I know that a lot of people hated on Palmer, including myself, but I believe that if he were still around, he may have been a completely different quarterback after getting Jay Gruden as the new offensive coordinator. The defense looked tough overall; they gave up a few big plays, but I didn't think much of it due to believing that Mccoy is a good quarterback. If the teams keep the players on the teams that they have, I believe that the AFC Central is shaping up to be a very good division. The bolded part is what I have tried to tell people. No doubt Palmer was not the same since his arm injury, which made him lose a little bit on his arm. However even though he was not going to be an elite QB, he was someone they could win with and have. Not to mention the big thing he knew how to win at end of games, especially against division teams like the Ravens and Steelers. I believe having the young talented receivers now who would run the right routes, and having a new OC in Gruden would have allowed Palmer to look much better again to people. Which I think Palmer also would realize that too, which makes me think that maybe there is more to it. He honestly probably wouldn't get traded to a better situation in terms of the team on the field. So makes you wonder if it has something to do with his family, and his family just wanting out of Cincy so he is doing whats best for them. We will never know. Even though I wish he was best, I did like what I saw from Dalton. I hope he is ok, and I think he can end up being a good one.
September 12, 201115 yr When Cedric broke free on the TD run, I wonder if he gave any thought to pulling up short of the goal line? Browns had no timeouts. Bengals would have gone into the victory formation with a fresh set of downs. 2 snaps, game over. The TD gave the Browns the only chance to get the ball back. Bengals were also up two possessions then.
September 12, 201115 yr All I can say is, no Carson Palmer....The Bengals are 1-0. Coincidence? I think not. The Bengals won 2 division titles in the last 6 years, and Carson was the starter. They had one bad year record wise with him as the starter too, so nice try since you said that for me haha... However I did like the little bit we saw from Dalton today, I do think he can be a good one. Definitely put in a good situation with a good running back, and young hungry talented WR's and TE's. At this rate the Colts might be in a position to draft your buy Luck, can you imagine how good he would be getting to sit behind Manning for a couple of years? WOW!!!!
September 12, 201115 yr When Cedric broke free on the TD run, I wonder if he gave any thought to pulling up short of the goal line? Browns had no timeouts. Bengals would have gone into the victory formation with a fresh set of downs. 2 snaps, game over. The TD gave the Browns the only chance to get the ball back. Was is Maurice Jones Drew who did that last year? (To secure the victory and with many apologies to fantasy football owners who had started him?) Brian Westbrook was the first guy to do it, like three or four years ago. I will never forget it because I had him, if he scores I win my fantasy league. Instead I lost by 2 points!!!!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.