September 14, 201115 yr Where did I say it was common? The fact is it has happened, and no team has ever lost (that anyone can recall) while snapping a ball and taking a knee to run the clock out. It has happened more than twice or three times too. Way more. Some college coaches are smart enough to use the clock to their advantage. Also, and none of you are commenting on this he ran out of bounds a play or two earlier stopping the clock. Are you saying a team has never come from down 10 with two minutes left to win in football? I am saying that no team has ever run the clock out with the lead and lost. I think you have a better point had your scenario actually occured.
September 14, 201115 yr I think you have a better point had your scenario actually occured. Obviously it was going to be tough to lose. I didn't ask the question to Ced. Someone did and he said "no way". Take that anyway you want. To me it says he puts his numbers ahead of the teams success. I don't blame him for that. He gets paid in future contracts on his performence not the teams. However he put them in a spot where they could have possibly lost. If he goes down around after getting the first down since Cleveland had no TO's they couldn't have lost. That is a fact IMO. Unless someone wants to say they could have messed up the snap in victory formation when the Defense would have been standing still watching. I would have scored too if I were him. Doesn't change the fact that going down would have won the game. It wouldn't surprise me if Cleveland was told to not tackle him if he gets the first down. The only way Cleveland could have won is by getting the ball back after he picked up the first down.
September 15, 201115 yr Tried to tell futurecoach in the other thread. In Bruce we trust lol. He's scrappy. Chalk up another W for him
September 15, 201115 yr Where did I say it was common? The fact is it has happened, and no team has ever lost (that anyone can recall) while snapping a ball and taking a knee to run the clock out. It has happened more than twice or three times too. Way more. Some college coaches are smart enough to use the clock to their advantage. Also, and none of you are commenting on this he ran out of bounds a play or two earlier stopping the clock. Are you saying a team has never come from down 10 with two minutes left to win in football? I am saying that no team has ever run the clock out with the lead and lost. In the NFL when has it happened more than two or three times. Brian Westbrook was basically the first person to do it, that is why it was such a big shock because you never see anyone do that... Now as for Benson running out of bounds, that was just dumb. I was yelling at him through my tv, on how he needs to stay in bounds there. Until that other thing becomes the norm for people to do, then we won't see many people doing that.
September 15, 201115 yr Tried to tell futurecoach in the other thread. In Bruce we trust lol. He's scrappy. Chalk up another W for him For the most part I was right, Bruce really sucked up until the screen pass and the quick snap. However you are right he does find crazy ways to win games at the end of the game.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.