St. Xavier 70 Fern Creek 0

Birdsfan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun to watch Mattingly throw a long bomb on the first TD (and I believe first play of the game.)

Fern Creek had 7/8 players that didn't get to play because of suspension. Don't think it would have made much difference.

This game counts as a win but not much more. I look forward to watching next week's game.

Regardless good job X on the win.

Is anybody happy about this game? Is it true X was putting in French Scrabble players in the 4th quarter?

Hey! Those French Scrabble guys are pretty aggressive!!!

On a more serious note, I would certainly hope after the first drive or two in the second have all the starters were out and halfway through the 4th Q, kids who never see playing time were in the game.

On a more serious note, I would certainly hope after the first drive or two in the second have all the starters were out and halfway through the 4th Q, kids who never see playing time were in the game.

Bert--- Actually X was subbing liberally by the second quarter. Due to the 3 defensive scores and running clock they only ran 35 offensive plays. Mattingly looked very sharp - threw some ropes and finished 6 for 8 for 138 yards and two TD passes. He also scored on a run in the first half. A big shout out to our new X posters - they were right. X does have 5-6 quality running backs. LaMondray Clemons didn't play and Brandon Moore only had one rush for a 12 yard TD. Charles Walker is going to be fun to watch develop,he can do a lot of things. Antonio Sloan, Dakota Jones and T. Percell all had some nice runs.

You have to give Saint X credit. I was glad to see Mattingly get in their and throw the ball right off the bat. It is obvious to me that everything we have been hearing about Glaser finally opening up the offense is true. Without a bruising marquee back and line, he has adjusted nicely to what he has.

On the downside, the tigers learned nothing from this game and will have their hands full next week at PJCS. I will say it again. No supersstars on this team YET....Offensively, they have many Weapons and their defense flys to the ball !

All you doubters beware !

You have to give Saint X credit. I was glad to see Mattingly get in their and throw the ball right off the bat. It is obvious to me that everything we have been hearing about Glaser finally opening up the offense is true. Without a bruising marquee back and line, he has adjusted nicely to what he has.

On the downside, the tigers learned nothing from this game and will have their hands full next week at PJCS. I will say it again. No supersstars on this team YET....Offensively, they have many Weapons and their defense flys to the ball !

I have to intervene. I haven't said much lately but I have to say something now. 1st off I told you'll so, and Antonio Sloan, the fb is the bruising back on the team. He's 5'7 205. He only played 10 plays because of how quick the starters were pulled. But Alex Mattingly is definitely special.

Edited by bugatti

French Scrabble players.... Classic

i have to intervene. i haven't said much lately but i have to say something now. 1st off i told you'll so, and antonio sloan, the fb is the bruising back on the team. he's 5'7 205. He only played 10 plays b/c of how quick the starters were pulled. But alex mattingly is definitely special.

They beat Fern Creek not a good team.

According to all these sources X wasn't a good team either

Let's get real here. Looking at St. X.'s schedule, most everyone would agree that the Tigers are heavy favorites against Fern Creek and Doss, and underdogs against Riverdale, Trinity, Moeller, and Cincy St. X. The remaining four games against Central, Bowling Green, Male, and Manual should be highly competitive tossups.

It was great to see X get a 70-0 win, and almost everyone get a lot of playing time. However, that Fern Creek team opposing them was very weak to start, and made vastly weaker by playing with 10 (not 8 as previously reported) starters out on suspension. On top of that, they were playing their first game under a new coach with a new offense and defense. As far as advancing the Tigers experience in preparation for tough opponents, this game did them no good. Sadly, it was not much better than taking the field and running the offensive and defensive plays "on air".

I love the new offense, defense, and enthusiasm; but for me the jury is still out until we see how they perform against Riverdale and Bowling Green in the next two games......GO TIGERS!! :cool:

As I have stated in the past, and it's just one guys opinion, you CANNOT make any assumptions about what Glaser will do on offense until you play a real opponent. He will always pass against the easy teams but then becomes one dimensional against the better tems. Time will tell!