Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Was Vick Forbidden From Becoming a Bengal?

Featured Replies

He funneled him to a big market team knowing there would be a QB battle creating a lot of hype/attention. Nothing to see here move along...

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He funneled him to a big market team knowing there would be a QB battle creating a lot of hype/attention. Nothing to see here move along...

 

I don't really like the fact that the NFL Commissioner has an influence on where players sign.

At the time of his reinstatement to the NFL Michael Vick remained under the control of the federal government as a part of the conditional release program. The 8th Amendment prohibits the imposition of cruel and unusual punishment. Sending him to the Bengals, well...you connect the dots.

At the time of his reinstatement to the NFL Michael Vick remained under the control of the federal government as a part of the conditional release program. The 8th Amendment prohibits the imposition of cruel and unusual punishment. Sending him to the Bengals, well...you connect the dots.

 

Good one !

At the time of his reinstatement to the NFL Michael Vick remained under the control of the federal government as a part of the conditional release program. The 8th Amendment prohibits the imposition of cruel and unusual punishment. Sending him to the Bengals, well...you connect the dots.

 

This was my first reaction as well--He'd already paid his debt to society and "done his time". This would have amounted to a longer sentence!!

This is absolute garbage in my mind. I 100% agree that Cincy is a terrible organization + Philly is the structure he needed. It is flat out wrong that a commisioner that beats his chest preaching integrity clearly steered him to Philly. Big black eye for him IMO.

The whole interview is 1/2 the reason I am one of the few that think Vick will fall on his face. Defenses started figuring him out more down the stretch. I don't think he will hold up physically. Even more than that is this whole interview. He was really in a mess. He has one good year then hangs the commisioner out to dry. On top of that he said that "white people don't understand what dog fighting means to the black communitty". While I can understand what he's saying at what point do you realize the 2nd chance you've been given and just shut up? He's obviously not very smart!

At the time of his reinstatement to the NFL Michael Vick remained under the control of the federal government as a part of the conditional release program. The 8th Amendment prohibits the imposition of cruel and unusual punishment. Sending him to the Bengals, well...you connect the dots.

 

:thumb:

This all makes so much sense...........the NFL decides year in and year out who is going to be good or bad. This conspiracy goes way back to Paul Brown. It's all crystal clear now..........wow. I knew there was a logical explanation.

It is wrong that the Commish can influence where people will go. However if Vick did come to Cincy he wouldn't have been the player he is now. One he would have not gotten a chance to start until this year, and even if he did chances are he wouldn't have done so well. Bob Bratkowski's system probably would not have suited him well at all, the West Coast was perfect for him to go too. I mean what QB has not done great under Andy Reid.

I think Vick's an idiot all together, and wish him many more outings like he had against the Steelers tonight. So maybe he meant to say the Browns instead of the Bengals because...

 

The Bengals weren't going to sit Carson Palmer, their franchise quarterback, whom they had signed for a ton of money to start Vick. That's obvious and kind of makes the rest of the article, and everything Vick said fall apart.

From PFT:

 

“I think I can say this now, because it’s not going to hurt anybody’s feelings, and it’s the truth. . . . I didn’t want to come to Philadelphia,” Vick said. “Being the third-team quarterback is nothing to smile about. Cincinnati and Buffalo were better options.”

 

Vick ultimately was persuaded — by Commissioner Roger Goodell and other NFL officials — to pick the Eagles. Bills and Bengals fans surely will be thrilled to know that the league office is participating in personnel decisions; they also would probably want to know why Vick was steered away from their teams. (Leitch writes that both the Bills and Bengals would have “allowed Vick to start”; it’s hard to imagine that the Bengals would have benched the guy they currently refuse to trade.)

 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/18/vick-says-he-didnt-want-to-play-for-the-eagles/

 

That seems pretty shady, and if this has happened once, no matter what the situation is, a league authority "persuading" players to play for one team but not another seems pretty darn shady. Just another reason I'd rather watch football on Saturday rather than Sunday.

I don't really like the fact that the NFL Commissioner has an influence on where players sign.

 

Agreed. The only part he should play in it is whether or not Vick can play, aside from that he shouldn't have ANYTHING to do with/influence where he plays.

Just another reason I'd rather watch football on Saturday rather than Sunday.

 

Agreed. I like my players persuaded by money, alcohol, and yachts, not by the commissioner of the league.:D

Agreed. I like my players persuaded by money, alcohol, and yachts, not by the commissioner of the league.:D

 

I mean that's what get's me going, so atleast I can relate to an extent. Guys that own those things are just boring, it seems like they're always just trying to grab up or influence younger people......:D

I mean what QB has not done great under Andy Reid.

 

Pretty small sample size, isn't it? lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.