Why do private schools dominate.

Jeepman

Let's face it, the only schools that are private that are the targets are T, X, and LC. Most of the A or AA schools never even play a private school, nor does it affect them, so what's their gripe?

Actually, I can buy into the tradition at X and Trinity. They've been winning for a long time. They have built something there so intense that when a new son is born into the family, the comment is made. "He looks like a Linebacker"

If I was going to say there are some concerns, then I would have to look at schools that have went from virtual bottom feeder to power house over a short period.

There is a separate thread for this topic, BUT private schools mainly only dominate in big city football. Think otherwise, then how many private schools have won a State Title in basketball in the last 25 years? The answer might surprise you! When it comes to basketball, public schools dominate!! In my part of the state, the private schools can't even field a football team!!

and girls' sports.

Actually, I can buy into the tradition at X and Trinity. They've been winning for a long time. They have built something there so intense that when a new son is born into the family, the comment is made. "He looks like a Linebacker"

If I was going to say there are some concerns, then I would have to look at schools that have went from virtual bottom feeder to power house over a short period.

Trinity's campus store has a ton of baby and child-sized apparel! :lol:

Nothing better than gifting a young child with a spiffy Trinity sweatshirt and sweatpants. Grade Schoolers abound in Trinity gear at the games. We put the big power T on their mobiles over their cribs! :D

Trinity's campus store has a ton of baby and child-sized apparel! :lol:

Nothing better than gifting a young child with a spiffy Trinity sweatshirt and sweatpants. Grade Schoolers abound in Trinity gear at the games. We put the big power T on their mobiles over their cribs! :D

Already stocking up on merchandise for those future grandchildren? :lol:

Already stocking up on merchandise for those future grandchildren? :lol:

I can see her this winter on those cold Louisville evenings. In a rocking chair in front of the fireplace, with a night cap on her head, shawl on her shoulders, glasses down to the tip of her nose and knitting a Trinity sweater and matching socks for her grandchildren, whenever they come.