2011 Class 6A Preseason Rankings

theguru

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time St. X started this low in the BGP rankings? Have they ever been this low in the BGP rankings?

Here's the real question, and there will definitely be varied opinions. Is St. X down a little or are the other programs rising to the challenge and getting better year after year?

Here's the real question, and there will definitely be varied opinions. Is St. X down a little or are the other programs rising to the challenge and getting better year after year?

I think what we are seeing here is a combination of both. The scrimmage on 8/12 between Simon Kenton and St. X. should be extremely tight by these rankings, with Simon Kenton maybe slight favorites because of a 6-point home field advantage. :cool:

I think what we are seeing here is a combination of both. The scrimmage on 8/12 between Simon Kenton and St. X. should be extremely tight by these rankings, with Simon Kenton maybe slight favorites because of a 6-point home field advantage. :cool:

Uh, no disrespect meant, but this is a scrimmage. Why is a scrimmage being handicapped? Or am I missing a pun?

Simon Kenton probably shouldn't be in the top 10 let alone number 6. Ryle gets left off because they graduate thier QB but Simon Kenton doesn't get downgraded when they lost thier QB that was more important to thier offense. I'm a big NKY football fan but I think SK is ranked way to high on this list and finishes no better than 3rd in their own district.

Simon Kenton probably shouldn't be in the top 10 let alone number 6. Ryle gets left off because they graduate thier QB but Simon Kenton doesn't get downgraded when they lost thier QB that was more important to thier offense. I'm a big NKY football fan but I think SK is ranked way to high on this list and finishes no better than 3rd in their own district.

From what I've seen, Ryle returns one of the top running backs in Kentucky, but graduated about 30 excellent seniors, one of whom was their outstanding QB. Supposedly last year's JV and freshman teams, who are needed as varsity replacements this year, were not very good. It's really tough for one guy to do it all on his own.

Bottom line, I think the reason both Dixie Heights and Simon Kenton are ranked above Ryle is because they did not loose as many of their starters, and their underclassmen who must move up were stronger. This is the only reason I can figure.

From what I've seen, Ryle returns one of the top running backs in Kentucky, but graduated about 30 excellent seniors, one of whom was their outstanding QB. Supposedly last year's JV and freshman teams, who are needed as varsity replacements this year, were not very good. It's really tough for one guy to do it all on his own.

Bottom line, I think the reason both Dixie Heights and Simon Kenton are ranked above Ryle is because they did not loose as many of their starters, and their underclassmen who must move up were stronger. This is the only reason I can figure.

I'm sure most would agree it's better to jump into the rankings rather than fall from the rankings....

St. X may be down by their standards but I believe they are still better than over half the teams ranked ahead of them in this polls.

I agree, how can you rate this many teams over St. X? Other than Trinity they have not lost to a team in Kentucky since Michael Bush's senior year at Male.

Until Kentucky teams prove they can beat St. X. I don't see how you can rank them over X. They've beaten Manual about 20 years now, always seem to thrash Scott County, beat Male last year with two sophomore running backs starting for injured players and beat Simon Kenton's greatest team ever in 2009. Dixie Heights? Don't think many people would favor them over X.

I agree, how can you rate this many teams over St. X? Other than Trinity they have not lost to a team in Kentucky since Michael Bush's senior year at Male.

Until Kentucky teams prove they can beat St. X. I don't see how you can rank them over X. They've beaten Manual about 20 years now, always seem to thrash Scott County, beat Male last year with two sophomore running backs starting for injured players and beat Simon Kenton's greatest team ever in 2009. Dixie Heights? Don't think many people would favor them over X.

Not saying you're wrong, but if that's how these polls were done then they wouldn't take into account at all what teams may be losing or gaining that season. They would just be going off of past records.