Track the NL Central Champion Reds - 2nd Half (Week 2)

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This roster is carrying too much dead weight.

Renteria, Gomes and Lewis are three.

I certainly agree on Renteria and Gomes, I like Gomes and have defended him in the past but it may be time for him to go.

I still have hope for Lewis, imo he has looked good at times. I am not read to give up on him yet. jmo

I can't get over the job that C.Hurdle is doing with the Pirates. If the Reds cannot win this division I wouldn't mind seeing the Pirates take it.

I also think that it is a toss up between Hurdle and the Atlanta manager for NL's manager of the year.

I can't get over the job that C.Hurdle is doing with the Pirates. If the Reds cannot win this division I wouldn't mind seeing the Pirates take it.

I also think that it is a toss up between Hurdle and the Atlanta manager for NL's manager of the year.

The Braves made the playoffs last year, so he took over a very good ballclub. Right now it's Hurdle and Hurdle only for NL manager of the year.

I couldn't agree more that it is a sign of a mentally weak and dilapidated ball team when you can't win 2 straight in the last 27 game days. You just have to keep your fingers crossed that something will ignite a fire beneath these guys. 4 games back in a 4 team race is starting to look a little iffy. It'll be hard to root against 3 teams in the same division. I say give them til the end of July. If they fall beyond 3 games back at that time, they're out of it IMO.

Edited by Zlatan
Typo (put 4 instead of 3)

Reds lineup is hitting .417 (15-36) against McDonald....Hopefully they can put some runs on the board for Dontrelle.

This Red's lineup is lucky to hit .250 against any pitcher right now. McDonald may just shut them out tonight. Imo this team needs another lift like Cozart has given them. Maybe reach down to Louisville and bring someone up, but when you look at their stats over the last 10 games they aren't hitting any better than the big club. The only player down there that has been hot over the last 10 was Francisco and he is on the DL. Has the Bats recent hitting slump had anything to do with Janish maybe giving them some big league tips? He is a whopping 2 for 28 since being demoted .071. I sure hope Jocketty is looking for someone to maybe give this team a spark. Rolen was a shot in the arm to the Reds a few years ago, maybe their is someone out there like Scotty that could be had on the cheap.

Frazier 9-37 .243

Alonso 11-39 .282

Sappelt 9-41 .220

Hermida 9-38 .237

Valaika 9-39 .231

Dorn 6-32 .188

Mesorasco 8-38 .211

Janish 2-28 .071

The only Reds trade rumors still have the Reds chasing Ubaldo Jiminez and and a top reliever but do they really need a couple more arms? Imo they need to unload a few arms for a few bats to help this team. I have to believe that Volquez would draw quite a bit of interest, the potential is still there with him if he can find some command. I don't think Ludwick is a good choice right now. He is 1 for his last 22.

The only Reds trade rumors still have the Reds chasing Ubaldo Jiminez and and a top reliever but do they really need a couple more arms? Imo they need to unload a few arms for a few bats to help this team. I have to believe that Volquez would draw quite a bit of interest, the potential is still there with him if he can find some command. I don't think Ludwick is a good choice right now. He is 1 for his last 22.

EZ, the Reds offense is fine. They've scored a lot of runs for the whole year so that means if they make a trade it should be for pitching. Don't you remember when you and I brought this up over a month ago and we were jumped on with all year stats?

By the way for the offense is fine folks, 3 out of 4 after the break with 3 runs or less. Just sayin.

This roster is carrying too much dead weight.

Renteria, Gomes and Lewis are three.

Unfathomable that they have not won back to back games in the last 27. That is a sign of a bad team, IMO.

I disagree with Lewis but the other 2 are useless.

If Cozart keeps doing his thing and gets the bulk of the at bats, why not keep Renteria? I think he is still a good fit for this team. He is an experienced World Series winner filling in as your back up SS ... not many teams have that luxury.

This team needs someone or two to get hot at that plate. That's what happened last year. First half it was Rolen and the left fielders and then the second half it was Bruce and Stubbs. We need a couple players to do that. Cozart is fillng the bill right now as one player. If we can get someone else hot, I think the Reds could get going in the right direction.

If Cozart keeps doing his thing and gets the bulk of the at bats, why not keep Renteria? I think he is still a good fit for this team. He is an experienced World Series winner filling in as your back up SS ... not many teams have that luxury.

This team needs someone or two to get hot at that plate. That's what happened last year. First half it was Rolen and the left fielders and then the second half it was Bruce and Stubbs. We need a couple players to do that. Cozart is fillng the bill right now as one player. If we can get someone else hot, I think the Reds could get going in the right direction.

I tend to agree with you on Renteria's role but I can't see him getting regular ABs and helping this team and he certainly hasn't given them help off the bench as a pinch hitter. This team needs someone on the bench that can get them big hits when called upon. With Heisey having to play everyday they sre sorely lacking that. Right now Gomes is a waste of a roster spot and Cairo is having to fill in for Rolen who it appears is going to repeat his 2010 second half struggles due to his physical problems.

EZ, the Reds offense is fine. They've scored a lot of runs for the whole year so that means if they make a trade it should be for pitching. Don't you remember when you and I brought this up over a month ago and we were jumped on with all year stats?

By the way for the offense is fine folks, 3 out of 4 after the break with 3 runs or less. Just sayin.

Like you have said over and over and over. They blow up for 8 or 9 runs once a week and totally skew the average but this team is a mess offensively bottom line. Pitching is NOT a real need at this time.