Track the NL Central Champion Reds - 2nd Half (Week 2)

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Letting Chapman bat would have been foolish, he didn't have a choice.

Exactly. I understand people wanting to second guess Dusty. Every manager gets second guessed. But honestly, 1/3 or more of the statements on here knocking Dusty are so wrong that it makes the person posting it look worse than Dusty ever will.

Was great to finally get 2 in a row, just how pathetic does that sound, then you look and the Reds are still very well in the race and thank God for the NL Central.

Stubbs pulled Dusty out of yet another Dusty/pitching moment. Chapman goes 9 pitches for 5 outs, no one remotely close to touching him and super maqnager pulls him to bring the closer in a non save situation (and we all know how good he is there).

Now, hopefully the Reds can get on track and get on a roll.

Just so we're clear you wanted Dusty to let Chapman bat with a runner on in the 8th inning?

Cincinnati fans making a good showing on the ESPN set in the post game Baseball Tonight. First chant behind the set, Hall of Fame (for Barry Larkin who is on site). Second chant, Free Pete Rose. Third chant, Cardinals Suck (can I post that?, I hope it's ok). Anyway, nice job Reds fans ...:lol:

Exactly. I understand people wanting to second guess Dusty. Every manager gets second guessed. But honestly, 1/3 or more of the statements on here knocking Dusty are so wrong that it makes the person posting it look worse than Dusty ever will.

Amazing isn't it? As I recall, Cordero pitched a scoreless ninth to record the victory.

Amazing isn't it? As I recall, Cordero pitched a scoreless ninth to record the victory.

Scoreless but scary as is usually the case with CoCo. I don't know that I would have liked to see him try to do it again in the 10th.