Track the NL Central Champion Reds - 2nd Half (Week 2)

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The All-star break did this offense absolutely no good. I think Doc Rodgers might have been right on WLW the other night. Maybe it is time for a change of the hitting coach. This offense needs a new approach or something.

The All-star break did this offense absolutely no good. I think Doc Rodgers might have been right on WLW the other night. Maybe it is time for a change of the hitting coach. This offense needs a new approach or something.

Mark me down as one who doesn't place much stock in a hitting coach's impact.

Mark me down as one who doesn't place much stock in a hitting coach's impact.

Agree. Particularly at the major league level.

Same can be said for a pitching coach.

Pretty much to me, in those positions you observe and offer feedback and suggestions.

However, so many kids are shooting through the system much more quickly, they miss getting that necessary tutelage in the minors.

Complacent team with no real sense of urgency.

When you don't hit, you look complacent or flat or whatever you want to call it. This goes back to last year, was clearly shown in the playoffs last year and continues this year. When they face tough pitchers, they struggle. Any pitcher that is a little above average to below, they get their hits but when they face the tough guys, they have trouble. I don't have stats to back that up but that is how it seems to me as I have watched this team over the past couple of years.