NCC 42 Mayfield 7

Birdsfan

I'd love to see the faces of the CovCath kids who chanted "Mayfield, Mayfield" on Monday!!!! :D :fire:

The faces would probably be rather apathetic considering the 42 point victory. Also, I don't see NCC stacking up against LexCath or Trinity. However, that is a moot point, congrats to the Breds.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diehl was on his game last night both in the passing game and running the ball. Mayfield had no chance to stop the passing game for 2 reasons. 1) Sammy was on the money with most of his passes and 2) Mayfield absolutely got no pass rush at all. Diehl had all day long to sit back there and find an open guy.

Mayfield was too 1 dimensional on offense and to beat the breds you need to be able to throw the ball and keep them honest on D or they will eat your run game up.

I am a NCC fan I have been to every game for the past 2 years, beating Lex cath or Trinity would not happen in my opinion. I do belive we could give CCH or Highlands a good game at this point not a win for us but good games. This team came to a peak at a perfect time it was amazing to see them run away with big wins in every post season game.

Great year Breds glad I got to see it all!!!!!!

To the maysfield fans in arby's who had words of encouragement for us before the game keep your head's up you had a great year as well :thumb:

I would like to say Congrats J. Hellman and the 'Breds. Way to bring it home. I've never seen a team just hit the acceleration during the stretch run like this team. They didn't get challenged since losing to Beechwood. I'd also like to say that Mayfield may have some of the classiest fans that I've ever met. Numerous fans came over to us in our hallway at the hotel to say congratulations and talk a little football after the game. Wonderful people. Congratulations to the Cardinals on a good year as well.

Finally... what a dominating season and victory. I knew you could do it boys.

Congratulations Coach Schneider and my 'Breds - one year too late for me, though. :cry:

This is such a weird position for a NewCath fan to be in, I'm at a loss for words.

Can't believe we finally did it.

Congrats to NCC!!

No disrespect intended to NCC, but Mayfield must have really been down this year in light of the score!!

Dude they were in the state finals, if everyone went to the state finals during a down year nobody would lose, all games would end in a tie, don't you think?

That is too funny!

The City of Newport was 24-4 this year with a state championship. Could have been 2 state titles. Newcath wins state and Newports only losses were to the 1A and 2A state champs. Great year for the breds and the entire city football wise.

Yes this just goes to show how strong the junior football programs in Campbell County are with quality teams at Bellevue, Highlands, Newport and The 1a STATE CHAMPIONS NEWPORT CENTRAL CATHOLIC THROUGHBREDS . All these schools are within a radius of 5 miles of each other. :dancingpa