Birdsfan

……………………………..NCC……………………………Mayfield

First downs……………21…………………………….....11

Rushing yards………141……………………..........146

Passing…………………13-25-2……………………...8-18-2

Passing yards…………256……………………….......64

Total yards………………397……………………………..210

.......Newport Central Catholic 42……………Mayfield 7

I remember the Mayfield people telling me that they could and would pass the ball if needed. I said learning how to pass in the state championship game was a little late. Gotta mix it up to win in present day.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes this just goes to show how strong the junior football programs in Campbell County are with quality teams at Bellevue, Highlands, Newport and The 1a STATE CHAMPIONS NEWPORT CENTRAL CATHOLIC THOROUGHBREDS . All these schools are within a radius of 5 miles of each other. :dancingpa
THOROUGHBREDS I knew I could spell it right

LOL... In the sense that it does not take pictures all by itself and I do in fact point it at what I want to take pictures of....

But seriously is a DSLR, the lens is a 120-300 MM fast lens, and the camera I borrowed from the GURU this go around as it facuses faster than mine.

Great pix's! Is that a point and shoot!?

Congratulations to NCC on a GREAT year. The team got it done. The Eagles of Lexington Christian lost to two class teams, both of them winning a state championship. Though we were disappointed in our loss to the Breds, we can be proud of the fact that our only two losses were to state champions.

:rolleyes: My thoughts as a Mayfield fan:

1.Congrats NCC---truly dominating, Mr. Diehl throws a great spiral and is a leader! Where is he going to school! Canlafax (sp) is also very good as is Vicars, but hats off to the other WR's and especially the lines who made Mayfield look sillly!

2.Very classy team, fans, and night on an otherwise miserable evening at Papa Johns! Congrats to their legendary coach! :thumb:

3.Mayfield was driving in with momentum and Rust fumbles on the 20, NCC scores in less than a minute---talk about taking the wind out of our sails!!! I don't think Mayfield would of won, but would have been alot closer! Mayfield is ALOT better than they showed Saturday night...

4.NCC did what you have to do to beat Mayfield and I would say we got outdone in every way possible...Mayfield throws 18 times....went away from the run way to early in my opinion! Shelton had no time to even think about throwing! :rolleyes:

5.Mayfield has come along way this season and I am very proud of the team for the strides they made final 8 of 200+ is pretty good! However, the attitude and discipline haven't been there and I'll be glad to see the younger guys step up on this team!!!

6.Hope to see the Breds sometime soon!!! :fight: :thumb: