Russell 27 Owensboro Catholic 14

onetoya

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos to Coach Morris, Russell's Defensive Coordinator on another great game plan. His defense pretty much shut down a great Ace's offense. I'm sure that most of the Ace's fan will say that Russell had by far the best defense they've seen all year. Great job Coach Morris. :dancingpa :dancingpa :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

Hey Mr. Moderator, have you seen Catholic play? The east can not run on Catholic, they tried the old wing-t tonight, its out dated and I would venture to say that Zinser is a much better back than any at Russell , you guys in the east just don't get it. The west is King this year Mayfield,Bowling Green and of course the Aces....

O.C. 35

Russell 6

I guess the old wing-t isn't as outdated as some people thought, and it looks like Kasey Clark is quite a bitter than any running back the Aces faced this year. One last thing. Us guys in the East do get it, and we also get to bring the AA trophy back home to the East for the 3rd straight year.

Way to go Red Devils!!!!!!!!!! :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

Congratulations Red Devils! It almost makes me wish you had beaten my Boyd Co. Lions earlier in the season to save your perfect season.,,, Oh wait... not really! :D

Seriously, Great finish on a great season! Enjoy the reward of a great run and closing the deal with the State Championship! Russell Football is a class act all the way!

Congratulations Red Devils! It almost makes me wish you had beaten my Boyd Co. Lions earlier in the season to save your perfect season.,,, Oh wait... not really! :D

Seriously, Great finish on a great season! Enjoy the reward of a great run and closing the deal with the State Championship! Russell Football is a class act all the way!

You know this year's Russell season is a lot like Ashland's 90 State Championhsip team. Russell's like Ashland's only loss of the season came when they stubbed their toe against a rival team they should have beaten (Russell vs. Boyd Co, Ashland vs. Greenup Co.) Russell, though not quite as dominant as Ashland, had a dominating rushing attack, both Russell and Ashland had great defensive teams, Russell and Ashland both survived a scare at home in the state semi finals, Russell beating Belfry 20-14, and Ashland beating Bell Co. 19-14, both Russell and Ashland had quarterbacks named Brown, Russell's Tommy Brown, and Ashland's David Brown, and both teams won convincingly in the Championship game.

You know this year's Russell season is a lot like Ashland's 90 State Championhsip team. Russell's like Ashland's only loss of the season came when they stubbed their toe against a rival team they should have beaten (Russell vs. Boyd Co, Ashland vs. Greenup Co.) Russell, though not quite as dominant as Ashland, had a dominating rushing attack, both Russell and Ashland had great defensive teams, Russell and Ashland both survived a scare at home in the state semi finals, Russell beating Belfry 20-14, and Ashland beating Bell Co. 19-14, both Russell and Ashland had quarterbacks named Brown, Russell's Tommy Brown, and Ashland's David Brown, and both teams won convincingly in the Championship game.

:thumb:

Thoughts -

First - O Cath's coach is a CLASS act. Talked to him after the game, and he was gracious, dignified, and very complimentary of his team, Russell, Russell's coaching, and everyone else. This guy is 29 years old - two trips to the carpet, and his future's so bright he has to wear shades.

Second - I had the opportunity to talk to Coach McGlone after the game, and he was very clear about one thing - if he hangs up his whistle, it will be based on family decisions, and NOT on the hardware he has to put on the bus with him going home.

Third - Russell's defense was superb tonight - stunts, blitzes, changing coverages - the total package. The second TD for OC was basically against a prevent defense.

Fourth - I'd like to mention all of the Russell people that I knew at the game, but they'd probably take away my BGP pass. A LOT of Boyd County and Ashland people at the game on the Russell side of the field as well. You have to love it, when everyone gets behind the locals for a shot at a state title. I even saw a "Way to go Red Devils" post on the update thread from Onetoya - and he as Maroon and White as anyone ....

Signing off for now,

Frances

I guess the old wing-t isn't as outdated as some people thought, and it looks like Kasey Clark is quite a bitter than any running back the Aces faced this year. One last thing. Us guys in the East do get it, and we also get to bring the AA trophy back home to the East for the 3rd straight year.

Way to go Red Devils!!!!!!!!!! :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

4th, Breathitt did it