Russell 27 Owensboro Catholic 14

onetoya

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being from Owensboro and an Aces fan, I also would like to send my "congrats" to the Russell Red s, Coach McGlone and his entire staff and the Russell fans. Your team is very deserving of the state 2A title. I talked with Coach McGlone, although I was a stranger to him, he made me feel like a long lost friend. Also to Frances Bavier for taking the time to visit me. You are all a fine group and know this, be proud, be very proud of those Red s. Clark was all that was advertised. Brown played like a real trooper with some pain and that defense gave my Aces fits. The "O" line for the s was just as good as the best I have seen this year. The special teams...well you know what they can do to start a ball game!!!! Best wishes to all the Russell community from this football fan first and an Aces fan second. You are the best. Now go celebrate...Thats an order!!!!

It was nice to get to put a face with the name, Radio Guy. Your Aces just never could get it going tonight, but considering the teams they beat to get there, it's pretty obvious that they are better than they showed. Hope you have a safe trip back to the 'boro tomorrow.

Frances

Official Game Stats -

Russell rushed for 285 Yrds OC for 159

OC passed for 178 Yrds (2 Ints) Russell for 11 (O Ints)

OC had 20 first downs Russell had 17

OC outgained Russell 337 to 296

Russell ran 66 plays from scrimmage OC ran 58

Russell had the ball for 31:03 minutes OC for 16:57

Russell went for it on fourth down 7 times - and got it 5 times

For Russell -

Kasey Clark 36 carries, 190 yards, 3 TD's

Tommy Brown 14 carries, 63 yards

Chad Edwards 6 carries 23 yards

Nick Lewis 3 carries 9 yards

Brown was 1-6 passing, but it was an 11 yard TD pass ................... to Kasey Clark

For OC -

Kamuf 15 carries for 121 yards, 1 TD

IJames 5 carries for 24 yards

Woodward 5 carries for 28 yards

Woodward was 18 for 32 passing, with 2 Ints. 178 Yrds

Johnson 8 catches for 84 yrds 1 TD

Holland 7 catches for 72 yrds

IJames 2 catches for 15 yrds

Norcia 1 catch for 7 yrds

Defensively, McBride of OC led all tacklers with 12 solos and 12 assists, while Nick Lewis had 9 solos and 1 assist for Russell.

Frances

Great job Russell! We were all pulling for you and you didn't let us down! The Trophy will stay in the East for the 4th year in a row! Enjoy every minute of this great accomplishment! OC keep your heads up! You guys have a great team that has made the West fear you! You need to regroup OC and just maybe you can get another shot at Russell or Belfry to even things up next year!