Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where is the most unexpected place that you have met a BGP member?

Featured Replies

At work. Walked by someones desk and he had it up. Now I know why BigDP gets nothing done at work.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not exactly a "meeting" but PP92 discovered that we sat RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER at the Sweet 16 this year.

 

That still makes me laugh. I am going to start asking everyone around me that I don't know at sporting events who they are on BGP. I need to win some more contests so I can get some more shirts.

I met SEBell in the bathroom line during halftime at the Boyle/Bell County game last November. He had on a BGP sweatshirt so I introduced myself.

 

I believe every BGP member I have met was at a sporting event. I guess the bathroom line is the most unexpected place I have met anyone.

Whenever you meet a BGP member in an unexpected place, don't you feel like you need to speak in hushed tones so no one else finds out what you're talking about? :lol: It's like being in the CIA. :lol:

 

I said the CircleK was the most unexpected. But, the second most unexpected was in church. I'd gone to support one BGP member, knowing that another would be there as well for the same reason. But then I got to meet Mexitucky! It was a super-pleasant surprise! He doesn't know it, but I'd noticed him and his boys during Mass, and had been thinking how adorable the boys were, and wondering if the guy with them was their brother or their dad. :lol: Mexitucky is young looking dude. :lol:

It is difficult in a public place to have someone ask me if I am paNDA........especially since I am a 56 year old male. After looking both ways to make sure no one is listening I try to say in my most manly voice "YEAH".

 

Pandas, although one of the meanest animals have the reputation of some sort of a teddy bear. Neither explains why I picked the name. Fortunately no one has asked me while standing at a urinal if I am panda. I hope to continue that streak.

It is difficult in a public place to have someone ask me if I am paNDA........especially since I am a 56 year old male. After looking both ways to make sure no one is listening I try to say in my most manly voice "YEAH".

 

Pandas, although one of the meanest animals have the reputation of some sort of a teddy bear. Neither explains why I picked the name. Fortunately no one has asked me while standing at a urinal if I am panda. I hope to continue that streak.

 

"We eat bamboo and we're coming for you."

Never met any of you, unfortunately.

 

Or at least if I have, I don't know about it. :D

Prior to walking into the Old Navy in Florence a police officer happened to pull up to me while I was sporting my BGP shirt. Nicest cop I've ever met, I guess he likes human billboards.

I have met several BGP'ers, most at sporting events. Did meet one in Gatlinburg....I was wearing my BGP sweatshirt.

At basketball games I often wonder which refs are on

BGP.....

Several in line to make a wager at Keeneland was sporting a Bluegrasspreps shirt, nicest people I ever meet is at Keeneland JD

All the ones I know have been at a sporting event. What I enjoy most when I meet someone and the confused look on their face! Then they would say "TonyDanza really?!!" :lol::lol::lol:

At basketball games I often wonder which refs are on

BGP.....

A lot more than will admit it.

At basketball games I often wonder which refs are on BGP.....

 

I know of a couple. Not sure if they know that I know, but I know.

All the ones I know have been at a sporting event. What I enjoy most when I meet someone and the confused look on their face! Then they would say "TonyDanza really?!!" :lol::lol::lol:

 

 

That was my reaction when I met you......:lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.