June 18, 201115 yr Now that he's a graduate that no longer plays high school sports and a legal adult can the "incident" be talked about on here?
June 18, 201115 yr Here's my take on the comment he made. He is a High School kid who said the wrong thing and it got printed. That doesnt mean that he was recruited to go there athletically. I guess any kid who plays AAU ball or summer baseball with another kid from a neighboring school should be under the microscope if they decide to transfer to a teammate's school. I think this is a personal issue that needs to remain personal and the thread needs to be shutdown. The Sullivans are very nice people, I have met Danny a few times and he is top notch. From what I gather Vance is also a great kid who probably got in a predicament that many High Schoolers find themselves in. The bottom line is the KHSAA ruled him eligible period. Message boards shouldnt be used to smear kids and even though Vance is 18 he is still a kid. Its a number, it doesnt give him years of wisdom. Heck I look back at the decisions I made at 18-21 and I could kick myself in the you know what and just chalk it up as being a dumb KID.
June 18, 201115 yr Come on Q11 you cant be serious can you. No one is dragging the kids name or for that matter what he did to leave WV. The bottom line is when the KHSAA reviews and gets the truth there maybe a different win lose for the breds this year. Just like OSU and Tressel the truth will set you free!!!!
June 18, 201115 yr Come on Q11 you cant be serious can you. No one is dragging the kids name or for that matter what he did to leave WV. The bottom line is when the KHSAA reviews and gets the truth there maybe a different win lose for the breds this year. Just like OSU and Tressel the truth will set you free!!!! You hope huh .
June 19, 201115 yr Whats your point? Are you trying to high jack this thread? HHS has done nothing this time but tell a kid to keep looking and good luck. Slow down, hoss .... You are obviously the only one who can't make heads or tails out of the fact that this was a "pro Highlands" comment. I find it very interesting that people are willing to let this situation go so easy after the Mitchell situation ..... Where everyone was REAL QUICK to jump to every possible conclusion.
June 19, 201115 yr Slow down, hoss .... You are obviously the only one who can't make heads or tails out of the fact that this was a "pro Highlands" comment. I find it very interesting that people are willing to let this situation go so easy after the Mitchell situation ..... Where everyone was REAL QUICK to jump to every possible conclusion. Oranges and apples my friend!!! If you don't think so, then you haven't been paying much attention IMO. I mean really, does it matter.
June 19, 201115 yr Oranges and apples my friend!!! If you don't think so, then you haven't been paying much attention IMO. I mean really, does it matter. While the situation is obviously different .... I feel like this is much, much worse. At the end of the day .... The actual situation (not necessarily the quote) is horrible .... And I have a very hard time understanding how this kid was allowed to play.
June 19, 201115 yr While the situation is obviously different .... I feel like this is much, much worse. At the end of the day .... The actual situation (not necessarily the quote) is horrible .... And I have a very hard time understanding how this kid was allowed to play. I would assume the change of address?
June 19, 201115 yr Bottom line on this situation is one question - how does the KHSAA treat students who are "expelled" from a school? Start any thoughts about Sullivan's eligibility with the fact that he was done at Walton and was forced to attend another school. There was no free choice in that. Now, there was choice in which new school he attended and I can see where there are issues in Sullivan's quote on that side of it. The next question then is ... can a potential student's friend from summer baseball talk to him about attending his school? Is there a violation there?
June 19, 201115 yr Bottom line on this situation is one question - how does the KHSAA treat students who are "expelled" from a school? Start any thoughts about Sullivan's eligibility with the fact that he was done at Walton and was forced to attend another school. There was no free choice in that. I think some states have rules stating that if a student is ineligible at his previous school, he/she can't immediately compete in athletics at his new school. Now, there was choice in which new school he attended and I can see where there are issues in Sullivan's quote on that side of it. The next question then is ... can a potential student's friend from summer baseball talk to him about attending his school? Is there a violation there? No violation.
June 20, 201115 yr Just because he left a school doesnt mean that he was expelled. I think some of you need to get the facts straight before posting.
June 20, 201115 yr Bottom line on this situation is one question - how does the KHSAA treat students who are "expelled" from a school? Start any thoughts about Sullivan's eligibility with the fact that he was done at Walton and was forced to attend another school. There was no free choice in that. Now, there was choice in which new school he attended and I can see where there are issues in Sullivan's quote on that side of it. The next question then is ... can a potential student's friend from summer baseball talk to him about attending his school? Is there a violation there? Extremely bold accusation IMO. You know that for a fact? If so, feel free to send the info to KHSAA. This is crazy talk going on now.
June 20, 201115 yr Extremely bold accusation IMO. You know that for a fact? If so, feel free to send the info to KHSAA. This is crazy talk going on now. Why do you think I put "expelled" in quotes? I can help explain that for you if you need the help. If you dispute anything I am saying and "know that for a fact", post it on here. Sullivan did not have the option to continue at Walton Verona. Use whatever term works for you in explaining it. I am just trying to make sure everyone understands that side of the situation as they discuss the "transfer" ... whoops, used quotes again...well, maybe you will get it this time.
June 20, 201115 yr Folks, this has been a great topic. We relax things in this forum obviously, but let's stick to the topic and stop any personal junk or this one will be padlocked.
June 20, 201115 yr I rarely reply, but has anyone considered that NCC provided a place for this kid, took him in, made him feel welcome and allowed him to get on with his life! Yes, athletics are important, but life is more important! Thanks NCC for helping a young man pick up the pieces and move on.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.