June 16, 201115 yr He was kicked out of school and then he goes somewhere else to play? Raises many questions in my opinion with present KHSAA rules. I think it might help that Schulkens is in charge of 9th Region. Not even close my friend!:irked:
June 16, 201115 yr The fact that staying at WV wasn't an option has already been stated. And your comment about "Dad's reaction" is really not germaine to this thread--any time a kid has to change schools is obviously tough on everyone: student, family, etc. So stating the obvious provides nothing worthwhile to this discussion. So if you're intention is to poke this kid's father or family--find another forum. If you have something to contribute--please do so. Otherwise, start a thread and see if anyone is interested in responding to you. I'm not interested in hanging around to see what other barbs you can cast. Sounds to me like you are getting too much enjoyment from a tough situation. Remember--the article was printed for the purpose of acknowledging the achievements of a baseball player who's had to overcome the adversity of changing schools mid-year. Wow! You really believe that? And for Skinner to say he doesn't know is bull IMO. That comment was pathetic. And for the other comment on here that states most here don't know why, again, Bull!!! Wonder why so many comments if most don't know what went down or at least the words from people in the know!!!
June 16, 201115 yr Wow! You really believe that? And for Skinner to say he doesn't know is bull IMO. That comment was pathetic. And for the other comment on here that states most here don't know why, again, Bull!!! Wonder why so many comments if most don't know what went down or at least the words from people in the know!!! Hey if you don't have something positive to offer this thread........Lol!!!
June 16, 201115 yr I don't like the subjective nature of the KHSAA review on transfers and I think you should be able to transfer for any reason. However, Sullivan's comments in the article pretty much say it was motivated in part by athletics and that is a "violation" under the transfer rule. I wonder if the KHSAA will go back and look at this transfer based on the Sullivan's omission that it was based on athletics and is it possible NCC could have to forfeit every game he appeared in? I have no issue with Skinner at all writing the article but the powers to be at NCC and/or the Sullivan family aren't doing themselves any favors...
June 16, 201115 yr If this story was about a Highlands player .... The site would be blowing up with activity right now!
June 17, 201115 yr I don't like the subjective nature of the KHSAA review on transfers and I think you should be able to transfer for any reason. However, Sullivan's comments in the article pretty much say it was motivated in part by athletics and that is a "violation" under the transfer rule. I wonder if the KHSAA will go back and look at this transfer based on the Sullivan's omission that it was based on athletics and is it possible NCC could have to forfeit every game he appeared in? I have no issue with Skinner at all writing the article but the powers to be at NCC and/or the Sullivan family aren't doing themselves any favors... Well that was the kids omission on why he transferred. Really? What else was he suppose to say. I think this has gone about as far as it can go without.........well, you know.
June 17, 201115 yr Author If this story was about a Highlands player .... The site would be blowing up with activity right now! It wouldn't top the Mike Mitchell case.
June 17, 201115 yr If this story was about a Highlands player .... The site would be blowing up with activity right now! I'd say 50+ post since 10:30 aint too bad. Just think if it was a Beechwood player. Wow! It could get real ugly then.:ohbrother:
June 17, 201115 yr It wouldn't top tje Mike Mitchell case. Nope, you're right. Still going on. It was referenced earlier.
June 17, 201115 yr I'd say 50+ post since 10:30 aint too bad. Just think if it was a Beechwood player. Wow! It could get real ugly then.:ohbrother: Will you stop it already.....Lol!!!
June 17, 201115 yr This would be a good thread to close. It's apparent many have no idea how or why this transfer took place, and it doesn't need to be brought up here. Good luck to the Breds, bring another title back to NKY. Agree 100%.
June 17, 201115 yr You can do so if your parent is an empoyee of that school district It is America you have the personal choice to do so....................No eligibilty issues with non high school age students. You cannot move and keep your child playing a sport "in the old district." That player would be ineligible immediately upon them residing outside that public school district.
June 17, 201115 yr I don't like the subjective nature of the KHSAA review on transfers and I think you should be able to transfer for any reason. However, Sullivan's comments in the article pretty much say it was motivated in part by athletics and that is a "violation" under the transfer rule. I wonder if the KHSAA will go back and look at this transfer based on the Sullivan's omission that it was based on athletics and is it possible NCC could have to forfeit every game he appeared in? I have no issue with Skinner at all writing the article but the powers to be at NCC and/or the Sullivan family aren't doing themselves any favors... And therein lies the problem. If you've never seen the form, you have to put down your reason for the transfer. If you put down athletics, you would not be allowed to play at the new school. However, I think NCC will be fine, the player states "He talked me into it", but never says SPECIFICALLY it was for athletics. He mentions the chance to compete for a regional title, but you can easily make the argument that his friend talked him into transferring for a number of reasons, school climate, academics, etc. Not sure on the rules of kids recruiting kids, I'd have to look that one up.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.