Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"He Talked Me Into Transferring"

Featured Replies

  • Author
It's public record why he left right?

 

No.

  • Replies 117
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's public record why he left right?

 

I wondered what was his Dad's reaction was when his son was denied by his Alma Mater in Highlands! I would say it had to be a pretty bad situation for Highlands to turn this kid down. Ft Thomas loves tuition students!!! $$$$$$ The story I got from the Hills is that staying at Walton wasn't an option.

I wondered what was his Dad's reaction was when his son was denied by his Alma Mater in Highlands! I would say it had to be a pretty bad situation for Highlands to turn this kid down. Ft Thomas loves tuition students!!! $$$$$$ The story I got from the Hills is that staying at Walton wasn't an option.

 

So you're saying NCC wasn't the first option ?

I wondered what was his Dad's reaction was when his son was denied by his Alma Mater in Highlands! I would say it had to be a pretty bad situation for Highlands to turn this kid down. Ft Thomas loves tuition students!!! $$$$$$ The story I got from the Hills is that staying at Walton wasn't an option.

 

The fact that staying at WV wasn't an option has already been stated. And your comment about "Dad's reaction" is really not germaine to this thread--any time a kid has to change schools is obviously tough on everyone: student, family, etc. So stating the obvious provides nothing worthwhile to this discussion. So if you're intention is to poke this kid's father or family--find another forum. If you have something to contribute--please do so. Otherwise, start a thread and see if anyone is interested in responding to you. I'm not interested in hanging around to see what other barbs you can cast. Sounds to me like you are getting too much enjoyment from a tough situation. Remember--the article was printed for the purpose of acknowledging the achievements of a baseball player who's had to overcome the adversity of changing schools mid-year.

The important leason is overcoming obsticles.

 

The young man has taken a very tough situation and keep moving forward.

 

That is not always easy to do.

I wondered what was his Dad's reaction was when his son was denied by his Alma Mater in Highlands! I would say it had to be a pretty bad situation for Highlands to turn this kid down. Ft Thomas loves tuition students!!! $$$$$$ The story I got from the Hills is that staying at Walton wasn't an option.

 

Believe it or not, Highlands is not Utopia for all and he did not try to get into Highlands.

Believe it or not, Highlands is not Utopia for all and he did not try to get into Highlands.

 

I also heard the Birds wanted no part of the situation..

I am a little confused on this whole issue. I am well aware that he was not permitted to stay at WV. According to this thread, his family moved from Walton to a home in Boone County, yet his siblings stayed at WV and his dad continued to coach the girls basketball team. I understand the change of residence thing, but how in the world did he end up being eligible almost right away at NCC since they did not move to Campbell County? Perhaps someone can fill in the gaps for me so that I can understand a little better.

 

Could my son play football or basketball at Highlands his senior year until the Christmas break and then transfer to Newport Central Catholic or Brossart and play baseball simply by me changing the address at which I receive my mail? Or were the extenuating circumstances of the situation what resulted in him being eligible to play right away?

No.

 

Legally speaking it is public record was my point.

This would be a good thread to close. It's apparent many have no idea how or why this transfer took place, and it doesn't need to be brought up here. Good luck to the Breds, bring another title back to NKY.

  • Author
Legally speaking it is public record was my point.

 

I know what you were asking. I still think it's "no."

This would be a good thread to close. It's apparent many have no idea how or why this transfer took place, and it doesn't need to be brought up here. Good luck to the Breds, bring another title back to NKY.

 

I agree. Lock it down!

He was kicked out of school and then he goes somewhere else to play? Raises many questions in my opinion with present KHSAA rules. I think it might help that Schulkens is in charge of 9th Region.

I know what you were asking. I still think it's "no."

 

Gotcha. I thought it still was. I knew it was at one point.

I am a little confused on this whole issue. I am well aware that he was not permitted to stay at WV. According to this thread, his family moved from Walton to

a home in Boone County, yet his siblings stayed at WV and his dad continued to coach the girls basketball team. I understand the change of residence thing, but how in the world did he end up being eligible almost right away at NCC since they did not move to Campbell County? Perhaps someone can fill in the gaps for me so that I can understand a little better.

 

Could my son play football or basketball at Highlands his senior year until the Christmas break and then transfer to Newport Central Catholic or Brossart and play baseball simply by me changing the address at which I receive my mail? Or were the extenuating circumstances of the situation what resulted in him being eligible to play right away?

 

Apparently, so!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.