Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC vs UK at Rupp?

Featured Replies

Would love to see it, be nice to see a UK/UC rivalry fire back up. I still remember the Randolph Morris/Jason Maxiell game in the tournament. Seemed like every time the two played it was always a good game, especially when Huggs was still in town.

 

They've played all of about three times in the past 25-30 years, and I'm not aware they played very often before that. Not really much of a rivalry to "fire back up."

  • Replies 60
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They've played all of about three times in the past 25-30 years, and I'm not aware they played very often before that. Not really much of a rivalry to "fire back up."

 

Always entertaining games when they do. Same with Duke, Kentucky hasn't played Duke that much either but its always fun when they do.

They've played all of about three times in the past 25-30 years, and I'm not aware they played very often before that. Not really much of a rivalry to "fire back up."

 

More of a mythical rivalry. I still remember all the verbal wars my coworkers would have back in the late '90s, it was brutal to be a part of that garbage.

More of a mythical rivalry. I still remember all the verbal wars my coworkers would have back in the late '90s, it was brutal to be a part of that garbage.

 

Which is the one and only reason I wouldn't want the matchup to happen. All the garbage that'd be said before and after the game.

Which is the one and only reason I wouldn't want the matchup to happen. All the garbage that'd be said before and after the game.

 

Doesn't matter though if you're a UK fan.... :popcorn:

I grew up with a strong dislike for the Bearcats. Dad taught me that, and it didn't help that our neighbors flew a UC flag in their yard. I think many in the Greater Cincinnati area would really enjoy seeing this become a yearly thing.

I always wondered why they didn't do that to start with.

 

Scheduling conflicts?

Doesn't matter though if you're a UK fan.... :popcorn:

 

Not taking the bait. UK will be very good next year but young. Add the fact UC returns their top 4 scorers and it'd be an early season match up and I like UC's odds.

 

All is hypothetical until the match ups are actually set.

In NKY I always wondered why NKYians chose to be UC fans? Only thing I could come up with was they just wanted to be different...IDK

Not taking the bait. UK will be very good next year but young. Add the fact UC returns their top 4 scorers and it'd be an early season match up and I like UC's odds.

 

All is hypothetical until the match ups are actually set.

 

Big disparity in talent Walter. UC needs to visit Rupp. Last regular season game was at the Box and they owe UK a visit.

UK and UC are only rivals in the minds of fans in the NKY area. Neither team considers each other rivals.

UK season ticket holders will love another good home game.

Yeah. If I had to guess it will be UK/Cuse and UC/Bama...

 

 

Why have the two teams with the two biggest arenas play each other? It would make more sense financially for each of them to play a home game.

  • Author
Why have the two teams with the two biggest arenas play each other? It would make more sense financially for each of them to play a home game.

 

Why would ESPN care who gets the biggest home gate? UK and Cuse are projected to be the top teams in each conference...

Would love to see it, be nice to see a UK/UC rivalry fire back up. I still remember the Randolph Morris/Jason Maxiell game in the tournament. Seemed like every time the two played it was always a good game, especially when Huggs was still in town.

 

Rivalry? You got to be kidding me. For long time...... UK fans from NKy, the stall ball game is still a bitter memory.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.