Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC vs UK at Rupp?

Featured Replies

Cronin said today that UC will play on the road in the Big East/SEC Challenge against either UK, Vandy, Bama or Auburn. Should have an answer in the next week or so...

  • Replies 60
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cronin said today that UC will play on the road in the Big East/SEC Challenge against either UK, Vandy, Bans or Auburn. Should have an answer in the next week or so...

 

I'm going to say it's highly unlikely they'll pair them against UK.

 

I'd think they'd want to pair UK against either Syracuse, Pitt, or UConn.

Cool, I'd like to see UC get back in top 25 on a consistent base and establish a rivalry with UK.

  • Author

I have been hearing there is a very good chance this game would happen for months now. Up to the folks at ESPN now. Not that far fetched when you consider UC is ranked in almost all of the preseason polls and are as high as #8 by Luke Winn of SI...

Would love to see it, be nice to see a UK/UC rivalry fire back up. I still remember the Randolph Morris/Jason Maxiell game in the tournament. Seemed like every time the two played it was always a good game, especially when Huggs was still in town.

Cronin said today that UC will play on the road in the Big East/SEC Challenge against either UK, Vandy, Bama or Auburn. Should have an answer in the next week or so...

 

On the road as in not at UC (neutral) or on the road as in the other team's home floor?

 

I had heard a long time ago it would be UK/UC or UK/Syracuse, but in both instances I heard it would be a neutral floor. I like either match up because I think Syracuse & UC will be the cream of the Big East crop.

 

Regardless, that would have UK playing North Carolina, Louisville, Kansas, and UC/Syracuse in addition to a much stronger SEC schedule.

From an ESPN perspective Syracuse would make more sense wouldn't it?

I have been hearing there is a very good chance this game would happen for months now. Up to the folks at ESPN now. Not that far fetched when you consider UC is ranked in almost all of the preseason polls and are as high as #8 by Luke Winn of SI...

 

Should this game happen imo it would be a good matchup. Coach Cronin imo has done an absolutely great job with UC basketball. I look for them to be very good.

  • Author

The Challenge is going from neutral venues hosting game to a 12 game format with 6 games in Big East home action and 6 on SEC home courts. It will mirror the ACC/Big 10 event now...

From an ESPN perspective Syracuse would make more sense wouldn't it?

 

That's what I'm thinking. UK will be top five next year & 'Cuse probably around that ranking too--at least early in the year.

The Challenge is going from neutral venues hosting game to a 12 game format with 6 games in Big East home action and 6 on SEC home courts. It will mirror the ACC/Big 10 event now...

 

I always wondered why they didn't do that to start with.

  • Author
From an ESPN perspective Syracuse would make more sense wouldn't it?

 

Yeah. If I had to guess it will be UK/Cuse and UC/Bama...

The SEC has won the last two challenges correct?

 

 

Now that they are expanding the field to 12 games though I would say the days of the SEC winning bragging rights are over.

As much as I'd like to see this match up, I think UC will end up playing at Bama with either L'ville or UConn playing Vandy.

Man I'd love for it to be UK vs UC but I also think it will likely be Syracuse.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.