Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC vs UK at Rupp?

Featured Replies

They've played all of about three times in the past 25-30 years, and I'm not aware they played very often before that. Not really much of a rivalry to "fire back up."
I agree! The last time they played was 2005, before that it was back in 1990! Before that it was 1987, and then again in 1985, and 1984 in the UKIT. 1984 was the Stall Ball game. All of these games UK won! 6-0 in the past 30 years and it's a "rivalry"? Huggs only faced UK twice at UC.

 

UK holds a 27-10 lead Vs UC. Before 1984 the last time I could find that they played was back in 1947, UK won. I don't feel like checking more to see when the last time that UC won.

 

I think it would be good for them to play a few more times soon.

Edited by SportsGuy41017

  • Replies 60
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would ESPN care who gets the biggest home gate? UK and Cuse are projected to be the top teams in each conference...

 

 

For some strange reason I was thinking of this as a NCAA sponsored tournament where they would get some of the gate proceeds.

Big disparity in talent Walter. UC needs to visit Rupp. Last regular season game was at the Box and they owe UK a visit.

 

So West Va and UConn both had more talent than UK the past two years? Talent doesn't always win. If it did, we would've seen Ohio ST v Kansas or Duke in the NC this past year.

  • Author

Announcement expected tomorrow...

Announcement expected tomorrow...

 

That it will be UC/UK, or is UC just announcing their opponent for the SEC/Big East?

So West Va and UConn both had more talent than UK the past two years? Talent doesn't always win. If it did, we would've seen Ohio ST v Kansas or Duke in the NC this past year.

 

Talent does always win, but it isn't necessarily the MOST talented team always wins. If you have comparable talent, you have a chance. If you don't have comparable talent, talent will win. WVU and U Conn both had very talented players on their teams ... NBA first round type players. That gives them the talent they need to win against another talented team and it doesn't matter if I have one more NBA player than you have.

Hearing UK vs. St. John's is the game. Didn't see that one coming at all. Top 2 recruiting classes going head to head.

Hearing UK vs. St. John's is the game. Didn't see that one coming at all. Top 2 recruiting classes going head to head.

 

Any idea where it will be played? And you can count me among the surprised if this is indeed the matchup.

Will St. John's even be a top 25 team next season?

 

Their class is nice, but it is ranked high because of the number of guys they are bringing in. Lots of top 100 talents to build the program, but I was not anticipating a big splash from them next season. I was hoping for Syracuse.

Will St. John's even be a top 25 team next season?

 

Their class is nice, but it is ranked high because of the number of guys they are bringing in. Lots of top 100 talents to build the program, but I was not anticipating a big splash from them next season. I was hoping for Syracuse.

 

Should be a good game, but I don't see UK having too much to worry about, especially being in Rupp.

 

Side note, if UK beats UNC @ Rupp this coming season, does anyone realistically have a shot at ending Coach Cal's home winning streak? I'd say no.

Will St. John's even be a top 25 team next season?

 

Their class is nice, but it is ranked high because of the number of guys they are bringing in. Lots of top 100 talents to build the program, but I was not anticipating a big splash from them next season. I was hoping for Syracuse.

 

I was hoping for either Syracuse or UC. A friend commented that St. John's brings the world's largest market as an audience, while UK/UC basically has the same market.

Momo Jones, the PG for Arizona this past season, is transferring to St. John's and is applying for a waiver to play this coming season. Apparently he's transferring to get closer to home due to his terminally ill grandmother or mother. If granted, should make the PG matchup between he and Teague a good one.

So who is UC playing?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.