Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pearl Fired

Featured Replies

Anyone think Tubby Smith may have interest in UT? Wouldn't that add to the UT-UK rivalry?

 

I like Tubby but his best days are behind him. I don't think he is a hot property any more.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about Frank Martin? I would think he'd be a heck of a pickup.

 

Now there is a competitive coach I would like to see in the SEC.

 

Those eyes can burn a hole right through you.

A move of integrity from an Athletic Director that has none. Mike Hamilton should be sent packing with Pearl, after all he brought in Pearl and Lame.

What about Frank Martin? I would think he'd be a heck of a pickup.

 

Why would he leave K State where he's THE man for THE sport on campus and he's in a great conference?

Why would he leave K State where he's THE man for THE sport on campus and he's in a great conference?

 

Football is still pretty popular there with Coach Snyder, especially since he is back. But he is the face of K-State hoops.

  • Author
Why would he leave K State where he's THE man for THE sport on campus and he's in a great conference?

 

Because recruiting to the middle of nowhere Kansas isn't exactly a walk in the park...

A move of integrity from an Athletic Director that has none. Mike Hamilton should be sent packing with Pearl, after all he brought in Pearl and Lame.

 

I agree. Not because he brought Pearl and Kiffin, but because he really doesn't know what the heck he is doing half the time.

 

 

Frank Martin would be an interesting hire.

Edited by AHSPanther23

I agree. Not because he brought Pearl and Kiffin, but because he really doesn't know what the heck he is going half the time.

 

 

Frank Martin would be an interesting hire.

 

He either doesn't know, or turns a blind eye until the NCAA catches them. I'm not sure which is worse honestly, at least hiding it shows you were in the loop enough to know what was going on.

He either doesn't know, or turns a blind eye until the NCAA catches them. I'm not sure which is worse honestly, at least hiding it shows you were in the loop enough to know what was going on.

 

He has to not know. He seems like the type of administrator that would ask how everything was going and Pearl would say fine, he would believe that everything was fine in the world of Tennessee Basketball.

  • Author

Pearl breaking rules all the way out the door.

 

During this time, the dynamics of our case with the NCAA have evolved further, including additional violations committed on September 14 and in March 2011. The cumulative effect of the evolution of the investigation combined with a number of more recent non-NCAA-related incidents have led to a belief that this staff cannot be viable at Tennessee in the future. Therefore, it is in the best interests of our institution to move in a different direction.

Should be interesting to see who ends up there. I believe that the AD issue needs to be addressed too; either way, I'll be surprised if someone better than Pearl comes to Knoxville.

He has to not know. He seems like the type of administrator that would ask how everything was going and Pearl would say fine, he would believe that everything was fine in the world of Tennessee Basketball.

 

Your avatar? ... at Tennessee?

So Pearl has had another violation in the last 3 weeks? Talk about kahones.

$2 Mil is a nice gift on the way out.

 

I would gladly get fired from my job for that kind of money.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.