Christian County 67 Lexington Catholic 62

Congrats to Christian County on the win. It looked like there were a lot of happy CC fans in the Fayette Mall early this evening.

Saw Hickey early last season in the AIT. He was tough then, sounds like he's improved.:thumb:

I watched this game today and have read this entire thread. I agree with everyone that Hickey is/was great today. The thing that really surprises me is that I only saw Kates mentioned one time. Bottom line.......CC does not win this game without his tremendous 4th quarter performance. I believe he had 14 of his points in the 4th quarter alone. Got it done in crunch time. If you watched this game, then you would have been inspired by Kates. Hickey is the man, but Kates was great down the stretch. What a tandem.

I forgot to mention Kates ... I think he had 22 points in the second half. He couldn't hit anything in the first half. Christian was something like 1-9 from 3-point range in the first half and Catholic was 6-12 or thereabouts. You knew neither of those two trends would last.

I watched this game today and have read this entire thread. I agree with everyone that Hickey is/was great today. The thing that really surprises me is that I only saw Kates mentioned one time. Bottom line.......CC does not win this game without his tremendous 4th quarter performance. I believe he had 14 of his points in the 4th quarter alone. Got it done in crunch time. If you watched this game, then you would have been inspired by Kates. Hickey is the man, but Kates was great down the stretch. What a tandem.

I did mention him (just couldn't recall his name). He was clutch, to be sure, but he was very, very open because of Hickey's penetration.