Adrian Peterson: "NFL is like modern day slavery"

What a joke. Amazing that someone can even think that let alone say it to the media like he really thinks it's true.

Just because you sent me the link,,,,

"You want to see my Adrian Peterson?"

One of the funniest things I've ever seen.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between Gilbert Gotfriend, the WNBA player whose name I dont remember because it's the WNBA, and now Peterson, people should really make sure the filter between their mouths and brain are functioning properly.

Funny thing on her comments is she was one of the players at Rutgers at the time when all of the Don Imus stuff went down and she was very outspoken against him...

The article says that this interview happened 15 minutes after the union decertified. Everyone was running on some serious emotion at that point. This statement was not a good idea, but I don't think he had much of an idea in his head at all when he said it. I'd actually like to hear him out on the issue, without all the "slavery" stuff. He probably had some interesting stuff to say about the owners wanting a bigger cut of money earned by the work of the players (not to mention the taxpayers who subsidize just about every NFL team through stadium construction and tax incentives).

The article says that this interview happened 15 minutes after the union decertified. Everyone was running on some serious emotion at that point. This statement was not a good idea, but I don't think he had much of an idea in his head at all when he said it. I'd actually like to hear him out on the issue, without all the "slavery" stuff. He probably had some interesting stuff to say about the owners wanting a bigger cut of money earned by the work of the players (not to mention the taxpayers who subsidize just about every NFL team through stadium construction and tax incentives).

:thumb: His poor word choice detracts from his intentions, I believe.

I realize the owners get a bigger cut of the money, but isn't that how most businesses work? Doesn't a CEO of any company make more than those who are below him on the food chain? Do the players expect to make billions like the owners?

I think the majority of NFL fans are on the players side in the CBA mess. Comments like this will change that quickly. The union needs to get control of their players.

I'm not on the players side. To me it appears they had absolutely no intentions of negotiating with the owners. They wanted what they wanted, and they were not budging. While the owners made counter offers and proposals where they gave a little, the players did not. IMO, the players are spoiled. Let them work a 9-5 job for $35K a year and see how upset they are about the money they are making currently.

I'm not on the players side. To me it appears they had absolutely no intentions of negotiating with the owners. They wanted what they wanted, and they were not budging. While the owners made counter offers and proposals where they gave a little, the players did not. IMO, the players are spoiled. Let them work a 9-5 job for $35K a year and see how upset they are about the money they are making currently.

I don't agree w/ that. The players get 60% after the owners take the first BILLION in revenue off of the top. The average career is what, 48 games, and that is not the mean, but the average. Owners will be making 1/32 of a billion dollars plus 40% of the revenue pulled in for the length of their ownership. If I'm a player, I try to make as much as I can, and I don't do more work for less pay. I don't care if they make millions, I care about the justice in what the owners are asking.

Additionally, the whole reason for this is the claim of financial hardship. However, the owners, to my knowledge, refuse to open their books to prove this claim. If they really wanted this fixed, they would show where the losses in profitability are.

I don't agree w/ that. The players get 60% after the owners take the first BILLION in revenue off of the top. The average career is what, 48 games, and that is not the mean, but the average. Owners will be making 1/32 of a billion dollars plus 40% of the revenue pulled in for the length of their ownership. If I'm a player, I try to make as much as I can, and I don't do more work for less pay. I don't care if they make millions, I care about the justice in what the owners are asking.

Additionally, the whole reason for this is the claim of financial hardship. However, the owners, to my knowledge, refuse to open their books to prove this claim. If they really wanted this fixed, they would show where the losses in profitability are.

I couldn't agree more. This is a great explanation without mentioning the 4 Billion the owners will receive from Directv because of the lockout.