Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaching changes

Featured Replies

Heard that as well.

  • Replies 102
  • Views 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are rumors floating around that Booher may be leaving Holmes. Not sure how accurate they are but thought I'd throw that out there

 

Why would he be leaving? I know its rumored, but why leave a program after one year?

There are rumors floating around that Booher may be leaving Holmes. Not sure how accurate they are but thought I'd throw that out there

 

I heard that midway through the season.

Why would he be leaving? I know its rumored, but why leave a program after one year?

 

Perhaps its not what he thought it was going to be. Did he assume he was taking voer a state contender? What he took over is not to the same level as what previous coach had.

Know there's a change at Augusta, Great Job Coach Kelsch!!

 

Agreed. good run in your last year.

The big question is where will Curtis Turley be next year. I bet that guy has coached at 20 or more schools.:D:laugh:

The big question is where will Curtis Turley be next year. I bet that guy has coached at 20 or more schools.:D:laugh:

 

I'd hope he'd stay longer than one year at Collins since it is a new program, but anything can happen with him.

Hey tcjbt How good Male Ballard and Eatern are will not determine how good the seventh region will be. All three of those teams will be in the sixth region next year.

 

Good point.

Why would he be leaving? I know its rumored, but why leave a program after one year?

 

Not what he expected. It would make the people in charge of hiring him look reall bad too.

Why would he be leaving? I know its rumored, but why leave a program after one year?

 

I have heard it has more to do with his family.He never sold his house from where he moved they are renting here.

Good point.

 

They will flip flop 6th and7th regions before basketball season starts next year.

Well if Booher would have stayed at SV he would have atleast made it to Rupp again.

Well if Booher would have stayed at SV he would have atleast made it to Rupp again.

 

Booher had a very successful year at Holmes considering the lack of varsity experience he had to work with. The administration is pleased with what he accomplished on and off the court with this group of young men. At this point there is not any knowledge of Booher leaving and he is not being asked to leave. SV took a beating at Rupp...do you believe Booher will have more opportunities coaching at Holmes to make the trip to Rupp and compete?

I cannot see Greenup County standing pat for next year. But, you never know, stranger things have happened there.:eyeonyou::popcorn:

Booher had a very successful year at Holmes considering the lack of varsity experience he had to work with. The administration is pleased with what he accomplished on and off the court with this group of young men. At this point there is not any knowledge of Booher leaving and he is not being asked to leave. SV took a beating at Rupp...do you believe Booher will have more opportunities coaching at Holmes to make the trip to Rupp and compete?

 

Hard to say not knowing what Holmes has in the pipeline. I know SV is young and likely will continue to be strong in their Region. When you take the Holmes job you obviously know what your getting into but once your in it, now thats another story. I like Booher and the style he implements. I think he can definitely coach but not knowing what you are going to be dealing with on a daily basis at Holmes can be frustrating for anyone. I tip my hat to all educators and coaches but even more to the ones in the inner city public school systems.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.