Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaching changes

Featured Replies

Have heard the same.

Has a son coming into the program and doesn't want to be involved in the political demographics of coaching his own son.

 

Most coaches speculate about how they will handle the future, their son playing, etc. But, it is a big leap/step to say those thoughts mean I am retiring NOW. When I saw this thread, I contacted Coach O'Hearn and he has made it clear to me that he will return next season and has no intention of retiring from coaching any time soon.

 

Chris O'Hearn is a tremendous basketball coach and person. I am really glad we will continue to work together here coaching football and basketball!

 

David Buchanan

Mason County Football Coach

  • Replies 102
  • Views 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all those that speculated about Coach O'Hearn and as I said they were just rumors and wondered why it entered a thread titled "coaching changes", I am laughing my butt off and you wasted a bunch of oxygen at the state tournament with your group talk. Its amazing how some would come on here and speculate this stuff, some of which has no validity. Thanks for the good laugh as I extend my hand to your hand:lol:

Most coaches speculate about how they will handle the future, their son playing, etc. But, it is a big leap/step to say those thoughts mean I am retiring NOW. When I saw this thread, I contacted Coach O'Hearn and he has made it clear to me that he will return next season and has no intention of retiring from coaching any time soon.

 

Chris O'Hearn is a tremendous basketball coach and person. I am really glad we will continue to work together here coaching football and basketball!

 

David Buchanan

Mason County Football Coach

 

Mason County, which is not a very large school and not located in a growing, urban or wealthy area, is very lucky and blessed to have Chris O'Hearn as our boys basketball coach AND David Buchanan as our football coach.

Most coaches speculate about how they will handle the future, their son playing, etc. But, it is a big leap/step to say those thoughts mean I am retiring NOW. When I saw this thread, I contacted Coach O'Hearn and he has made it clear to me that he will return next season and has no intention of retiring from coaching any time soon.

 

Chris O'Hearn is a tremendous basketball coach and person. I am really glad we will continue to work together here coaching football and basketball!

 

David Buchanan

Mason County Football Coach

 

Thank you for clearing up this issue.

Heard that Coach Lauster at Trimble County resigned.

Most coaches speculate about how they will handle the future, their son playing, etc. But, it is a big leap/step to say those thoughts mean I am retiring NOW. When I saw this thread, I contacted Coach O'Hearn and he has made it clear to me that he will return next season and has no intention of retiring from coaching any time soon.

 

Chris O'Hearn is a tremendous basketball coach and person. I am really glad we will continue to work together here coaching football and basketball!

 

David Buchanan

Mason County Football Coach

 

 

 

 

Exactlly to the bolded part. I first heard this during the regional tourney right after Mason Co. lost to Pendleton Co . Didn't post it then cause I felt it was some upset because of the loss . As was stated in eariler posts that was the big talk at the State tourney, and felt there may be something to it ,that is why I posted "Heard". After I did post it, what I don't understand is why the other Mason posters didn't deny it....they didn't. .:confused:. Just wanted it removed. It had been on the board almost a week.

 

Glad you went to the source and we can put this spectulation to rest. Thanks for clearing up this issue. I really would hate to see him leave Mason Co. He is a great coach and has my highest respect.

 

Looks like the Holmes spectulation has been put to rest too.

Edited by gold sunrise

Exactlly to the bolded part. I first heard this during the regional tourney right after Mason Co. lost to Pendleton Co . Didn't post it then cause I felt it was some upset because of the loss . As was stated in eariler posts that was the big talk at the State tourney, and felt there may be something to it ,that is why I posted "Heard". After I did post it, what I don't understand is why the other Mason posters didn't deny it....they didn't. .:confused:. Just wanted it removed. It had been on the board almost a week.

 

Glad you went to the source and we can put this spectulation to rest. Thanks for clearing up this issue. I really would hate to see him leave Mason Co. He is a great coach and has my highest respect.

 

Looks like the Holmes spectulation has been put to rest too.

 

Don't put it on here, if you don't know the truth. :thumb:

Coach Lauster informed the players and parents at the Sports Banquet on Monday night.

Heard that Coach Lauster at Trimble County resigned.
He informed the players and parents at the Sports Banquet on Monday night. He made it official on Tuesday.
Mason County, which is not a very large school and not located in a growing, urban or wealthy area, is very lucky and blessed to have Chris O'Hearn as our boys basketball coach AND David Buchanan as our football coach.

 

Amen.

Don't put it on here, if you don't know the truth. :thumb:

 

Then that would eliminate 80% of the discussion on ALL threads. :popcorn:

 

Glad you finally popped up on this thread - I was beginning to wonder where you had gone.:D

Can Trimble county compete with the Oldhams? Being close to Louisville they should be able to draw out some athletes.

Can Trimble county compete with the Oldhams? Being close to Louisville they should be able to draw out some athletes.

 

Last time I drove through Bedford, I didn't see a population boom. It would take a great cycle to be able to compete in that district. I thought Lauster did a good job with what he had.

Last time I drove through Bedford, I didn't see a population boom. It would take a great cycle to be able to compete in that district. I thought Lauster did a good job with what he had.

 

I agree, not much talent coming through for the next couple of years. I also thought Coach Lauster did a good job considering the talent level he was dealt with. IMO, that is probably one of the toughest districts in the 8th region to get out of.

Maybe Marcia Dunaway, the Superintendent should coach the boys team. After all she was a great player in HS and college. :)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.