Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 2A Final: Owensboro Catholic/Russell discussion

Who wins the 2A State Title? 200 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the 2A State Title?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Much has been made about two way starters. Russell is deep enough to rotate players in. But the best players play most of the game. I find it difficult to believe that a school the size of OC can fully platoon and not have a drop off in talent.

  • Replies 336
  • Views 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL - after reading all of these posts, I bet Ivan McGlone wishes he had some athletes with some stamina, instead of all of the asthmatic kids that have to wear corrective shoes and suffer from scoliosis.

 

I'd be willing to bet that some of the kids that play for Russell don't even realize just how out of shape they are. Poor fools...

 

No question about it - it'll be like lambs to the slaughter.

 

Frances

I'll give you credit. Thats a good one.

I don't think Russell will be overwhelmed by O-Cath's offense, unless they are just superior athletically across the board (and I don't expect that to be the case).

 

Russell's defensive scheme against a spread/passing offense looked pretty solid against Breathitt County in '02.

The Yellow school buses are staying home this time. Coach buses will take the team down on friday morning to practice near Lexington. They will then ride to Louisville for the evening festivities. Someone must have caught Ivan at a weak moment. Ha Ha just kidding about the weak moment.

 

Go Russell

LOL - after reading all of these posts, I bet Ivan McGlone wishes he had some athletes with some stamina, instead of all of the asthmatic kids that have to wear corrective shoes and suffer from scoliosis.

 

I'd be willing to bet that some of the kids that play for Russell don't even realize just how out of shape they are. Poor fools...

 

No question about it - it'll be like lambs to the slaughter.

 

Frances

 

I totally agree! :D

The Yellow school buses are staying home this time. Coach buses will take the team down on friday morning to practice near Lexington. They will then ride to Louisville for the evening festivities. Someone must have caught Ivan at a weak moment. Ha Ha just kidding.

 

Go Russell

 

 

Russell is a class program, it's good to see that they will be traveling by class. :thumb: :thumb:

Much has been made about two way starters. Russell is deep enough to rotate players in. But the best players play most of the game. I find it difficult to believe that a school the size of OC can fully platoon and not have a drop off in talent.

 

That and most of the two way players have been doing that for how long? 13-14 games. If fatigue was a factor i'm sure it would have reared it's ugly head by now and Ivan would have made adjustments. :confused:

I totally agree, I bet Russell is spent by midway thru the 3rd quarter. If they are then the romp will be on!

 

 

Remember in this game each team gets a total of 10 time outs unlike regular season. One free time out in each quarter plus the 3 per half total 10.

 

That should help the kids that are asthmatic, wear corrective shoes and suffer from Scoliosis as discribed by Francis.

What is Russell's overall record?

 

How many on the Roster?

 

How many over 250lbs?

 

How many sacks on the season?

 

How many interceptions?

 

I am Just curious.

I totally agree! :D

 

Hang in there, Green Nation - that sarcasm can often be a tough thing to pick up on...

 

Frances

What is Russell's overall record?

13-1

 

How many on the Roster?

~65

 

How many over 250lbs?

3 and those 3 don't play alot.

 

How many sacks on the season?

19 for a loss of 130 yards.

 

How many interceptions?

16 returned for 364 yards.

 

I am Just curious.

This is the best that I can do for you at the moment.

Tim Atcher will be another D-1 player I don't know who the other is.

 

Owensboro Catholic 35

Russell14

 

Owensboro Catholic has the best offensive line I have seen this year, hands down. 2 WR's that need to be double teamed, but you can't because there are too many out on routes. 1 very good RB, the other ran a little timid against DeSales. McBride seems to be in on every play at LB. I think the Winklepeck kid's numbers speak for themself. Woodward being careless with passes and throwing them up for grabs may be the only way Catholic loses this game. Oh did I mention they may run the screen as well as anyone in the state. They also defend the wing-t very well. I think they gave up less than 20 points total in 3 games that I know the teams run that offense.

Yet another post that says "Russell shouldn't even show up". I just don't understand why the Devils are booking the buses for the trip, or paying for the hotel for Friday night. Sounds like it would be better to just save the money for a worthy cause.

 

Frances

Yet another post that says "Russell shouldn't even show up". I just don't understand why the Devils are booking the buses for the trip, or paying for the hotel for Friday night. Sounds like it would be better to just save the money for a worthy cause.

 

Frances

 

I agree. :irked:

 

Maybe we should just put all the money towards the banquet for the team that never should have bothered. :D

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.