Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 2A Final: Owensboro Catholic/Russell discussion

Who wins the 2A State Title? 200 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the 2A State Title?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I would say Russell's team speed is as good as anybody in AA.

 

I'm sure that Russell has good team speed, but I can assure you that they are not anywhere close to Ft. Campbell or Trigg County. I am including Catholic in my constructive criticism as well. They are not fast (compared to FC). Ft. Campbell & Trigg made Catholic look very slow. Russell may have more team speed than Catholic? When you see Catholic play, you won't be impressed by their athletic stature.

  • Replies 336
  • Views 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that Russell has good team speed, but I can assure you that they are not anywhere close to Ft. Campbell or Trigg County. I am including Catholic in my constructive criticism as well. They are not fast (compared to FC). Ft. Campbell & Trigg made Catholic look very slow. Russell may have more team speed than Catholic? When you see Catholic play, you won't be impressed by their athletic stature.

 

Just out of curiosity, since you are assuring us that Russell is not anywhere close to Fort Campbell or Trigg in the speed department, I assume you can provide facts to back this up? I'm sure this is not just your opinion. :confused:

I would venture to say that Russell isn't as fast as Fort Campbell and Trigg County, both of whom have good track programs and a history of putting speed on the field. Plus, I don't read people on BGP talking up Russell's fast guys, which makes me think that their speed just doesn't stand out.

 

I feel like Fort Campbell had more team speed than Trigg, who was well-above average for a 2A team.

Yet another post that says "Russell shouldn't even show up". I just don't understand why the Devils are booking the buses for the trip, or paying for the hotel for Friday night. Sounds like it would be better to just save the money for a worthy cause.

 

Frances

I totally agree again! :D

Thanks :thumb:

 

I was looking back on site and someone had posted 3,200yrds.

 

That number should be pretty close to being right. I know he has 40 td's after this past week.

Just out of curiosity, since you are assuring us that Russell is not anywhere close to Fort Campbell or Trigg in the speed department, I assume you can provide facts to back this up? I'm sure this is not just your opinion. :confused:

 

It is my opinion based on "visual" facts. I don't have statistics and 40 times to back up my claims. However, I'm sure you have been to football games before where it is MORE THAN OBVIOUS that the other team has better team speed and athletic ability. I did not intend any disrespect to Russell and/or Catholic for that matter. Objectively and without bias, Ft. Campbell had remarkable team speed. I would venture to say that they have more team speed than most teams in Kentucky including the mega powers -- Trinity and St. X!

 

If you feel that your team has better team speed than Ft. Campbell, ask the Red Devil coaching staff for their assessment because they are watching the Catholic vs. FC film this week. I think that they would agree with my claim. Again, it's not a criticism of your team.

I would venture to say that Russell isn't as fast as Fort Campbell and Trigg County, both of whom have good track programs and a history of putting speed on the field. Plus, I don't read people on BGP talking up Russell's fast guys, which makes me think that their speed just doesn't stand out.

 

I feel like Fort Campbell had more team speed than Trigg, who was well-above average for a 2A team.

 

Thanks for the backup! Ft. Campbell had an awesome team.

Well, I guess I should save my money and wear and tear on the truck. Russell is not strong enough, fast enough, smart enough, and just flat out doesn't have the endurance to compete with OCath! Some of these post are ludicrous!! Your talking about a very good football team that beat 10-1 Mercer Co.,11-1 Newport @ Newport, and the 2 time defending State Champions Belfry who hadn't lost to a 2A school in 3 seasons. Basing Team speed on track programs I'd say Russell is pretty quick they have finished first in some meets. And their endurance in girls cross country is awesome one of the best girls cc programs in the state. That should help them out on Saturday! I also think their test scores were pretty high last year too!! Please give them some respect, as a TEAM THAT HAS AN EXCELLENT CHANCE TO WIN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! I guarantee you they will show up and play extremely hard and leave it all on the field as well! I'm sure OCath will do the same. I think this has all the makings of a great game. However, remember that the game will be played on the field between two excellent football teams,and not on threads posted by fans who wish nothing more than their team to win for personal reasons of family, friends, or alma mater!!! The teams and players will decide who wins and not the track programs of Ft. Campbell, or the endurance of the Russell CC team!! ON THE FIELD SATURDAY AT 3:30!!!! :fight: :madman:

It is my opinion based on "visual" facts. I don't have statistics and 40 times to back up my claims. However, I'm sure you have been to football games before where it is MORE THAN OBVIOUS that the other team has better team speed and athletic ability. I did not intend any disrespect to Russell and/or Catholic for that matter. Objectively and without bias, Ft. Campbell had remarkable team speed. I would venture to say that they have more team speed than most teams in Kentucky including the mega powers -- Trinity and St. X!

 

If you feel that your team has better team speed than Ft. Campbell, ask the Red Devil coaching staff for their assessment because they are watching the Catholic vs. FC film this week. I think that they would agree with my claim. Again, it's not a criticism of your team.

 

 

Don't worry about it 2-shirts! If you speak objectively on here some fans think you instantly speak negatively of their team. Its called being sensitive. I agree with your points.

 

:walk:

Well, I guess I should save my money and wear and tear on the truck. Russell is not strong enough, fast enough, smart enough, and just flat out doesn't have the endurance to compete with OCath! Some of these post are ludicrous!! Your talking about a very good football team that beat 10-1 Mercer Co.,11-1 Newport @ Newport, and the 2 time defending State Champions Belfry who hadn't lost to a 2A school in 3 seasons. Basing Team speed on track programs I'd say Russell is pretty quick they have finished first in some meets. And their endurance in girls cross country is awesome one of the best girls cc programs in the state. That should help them out on Saturday! I also think their test scores were pretty high last year too!! Please give them some respect, as a TEAM THAT HAS AN EXCELLENT CHANCE TO WIN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! I guarantee you they will show up and play extremely hard and leave it all on the field as well! I'm sure OCath will do the same. I think this has all the makings of a great game. However, remember that the game will be played on the field between two excellent football teams,and not on threads posted by fans who wish nothing more than their team to win for personal reasons of family, friends, or alma mater!!! The teams and players will decide who wins and not the track programs of Ft. Campbell, or the endurance of the Russell CC team!! ON THE FIELD SATURDAY AT 3:30!!!! :fight: :madman:

I agree I think these Ocath posters are in for a gut check come Saturday if they think Ocath is just gonna walk all over Russell. :fight:

Are some fans here really that thin-skinned, or are they trying to generate bulletin board material for their team?

Well, I guess I should save my money and wear and tear on the truck. Russell is not strong enough, fast enough, smart enough, and just flat out doesn't have the endurance to compete with OCath! Some of these post are ludicrous!! Your talking about a very good football team that beat 10-1 Mercer Co.,11-1 Newport @ Newport, and the 2 time defending State Champions Belfry who hadn't lost to a 2A school in 3 seasons. Basing Team speed on track programs I'd say Russell is pretty quick they have finished first in some meets. And their endurance in girls cross country is awesome one of the best girls cc programs in the state. That should help them out on Saturday! I also think their test scores were pretty high last year too!! Please give them some respect, as a TEAM THAT HAS AN EXCELLENT CHANCE TO WIN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! I guarantee you they will show up and play extremely hard and leave it all on the field as well! I'm sure OCath will do the same. I think this has all the makings of a great game. However, remember that the game will be played on the field between two excellent football teams,and not on threads posted by fans who wish nothing more than their team to win for personal reasons of family, friends, or alma mater!!! The teams and players will decide who wins and not the track programs of Ft. Campbell, or the endurance of the Russell CC team!! ON THE FIELD SATURDAY AT 3:30!!!! :fight: :madman:

 

Well, that why fans, family, and friends get on here to tout their teams and have fun talking. Thanks for stating the obvious, that the game will be played and decided on Saturday.

 

:flame:

Are some fans here really that thin-skinned, or are they trying to generate bulletin board material for their team?

 

I think thin-skinned.

 

:D

As much as I would have loved to have seen Newport beat Russell so they could be in the state game i'm gonna have to pull for Russell. Bring the title back to Region 3 so everyone in the state knows where the best teams come from. Go RUSSELL!!!!!!

Are some fans here really that thin-skinned, or are they trying to generate bulletin board material for their team?

Well, I may be thinned skinned alittle bit and I can handle that, but remember that THE POND CREEK NATION of Belfry did a whole lot of talking last week about they were 2 TD's better than Russell and now they are sitting at the house. Russell has had a way of :sssh: some the the nay sayers this season. Be careful because they will be at the big :dancingpa in Da'Ville and they just may believe that they CAN WIN!!!!!!!! :ylsuper:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.