Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 41 Henry Clay 20

Featured Replies

t-hc9.jpg
  • Replies 151
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few thoughts on the game. First, the KHSAA needs to do something about pre-game antics. It should be an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on the bench. Last night could have been really ugly. I don't see how it could have been anything but intentional. If the coach from HC really did orchestrate that stunt, he deserves strong action from his bosses. When some kid gets hurt in a brawl it will be too late. Second, if you lined up the two teams and gave them the "look test", you would take HC. Their skill players were big and strong. Their linemen were also very large, but they all looked like they needed to visit a good training routine. Third, I am more impressed by the way this group improves every week. On the pre-game radio show Coach Beatty said that he wanted some LSD (long slow drives) to keep the HC offense off the field. Last night he got that. I think they could have scored more by throwing more, but that would have also given HC more chances. The o-line had a great game. Petrino had plenty of time to throw all night. The defense played a great game. They didn't give up the big plays and caused a lot of turnovers. This team is peaking at just the right time.

A few thoughts on the game. First, the KHSAA needs to do something about pre-game antics. It should be an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on the bench. Last night could have been really ugly. I don't see how it could have been anything but intentional. If the coach from HC really did orchestrate that stunt, he deserves strong action from his bosses. When some kid gets hurt in a brawl it will be too late. Second, if you lined up the two teams and gave them the "look test", you would take HC. Their skill players were big and strong. Their linemen were also very large, but they all looked like they needed to visit a good training routine. Third, I am more impressed by the way this group improves every week. On the pre-game radio show Coach Beatty said that he wanted some LSD (long slow drives) to keep the HC offense off the field. Last night he got that. I think they could have scored more by throwing more, but that would have also given HC more chances. The o-line had a great game. Petrino had plenty of time to throw all night. The defense played a great game. They didn't give up the big plays and caused a lot of turnovers. This team is peaking at just the right time.

I agree..there is no place in high school sports for unsportsman-like conduct. This coach should be ashamed of himself. He is influencing young men's behavior at a very impressionable age. They look to him for guidance...lead them right!!

My hats off to Beatty...he could have added another score at the end of the game...but showed his true colors and took the knee....Classy! Beatty chose to influence his team in the way of discipline and honor. Trinity not only won the game...but they also outclassed HC...Good job Rocks!

I would wish you luck next week....but I would be lying!

Maybe its something about teams with the initials HC. Im having flashbacks of last years semi-final game when X played Henderson Co.

On their post game radio show, Trinity's radio team reported that HC's coach Simpson had threatened Trinity's coach even after the game was over.

Hopefully he threatened fewer than 4 turnovers & less than a 3 TD loss next time.

I don't know what this guy said, but I bet it isn't allowed. :lol:

 

Do you dispute that HC showed unsportsman-like conduct by jumping on the T? Do you have some other facts that will intelligently dispute the arguments made here? Do you think that your use of foul language makes you more credible or less credible?

A few thoughts on the game. First, the KHSAA needs to do something about pre-game antics. It should be an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on the bench. Last night could have been really ugly. I don't see how it could have been anything but intentional. If the coach from HC really did orchestrate that stunt, he deserves strong action from his bosses. When some kid gets hurt in a brawl it will be too late.

 

Absolutely-GREAT POINT!!! :thumb:

 

Good Job Rocks-see ya Friday.

catsfan4 been hanging out with coach (homer) simpson too much????

I will add this.... HC got more out of the hefty ref than they did from the hefty rb.

OK, im glad everyone on this site understands this entire situation more than I do. Henry Clay ran out when their name was announced over the PA. A few Trinity players were waiting on your T trying to intimidate us (#41 to name one). We were not going to back down because we have heard all week how we are your doormats to the state finals. It is not a act of being a thug, but a act to show that we were not going to be intimidated. Trinity played a great game all the credit goes to their players and coaches, good luck to them in the finals as I will be rooting for them to beat St. X. As for their followers on this site, maybe you should check your facts before you start bashing our program and our coach. Sam Simpson is one of the classiest men that I know and would never purposely show disrespect to anyone.

OK, im glad everyone on this site understands this entire situation more than I do. Henry Clay ran out when their name was announced over the PA. A few Trinity players were waiting on your T trying to intimidate us (#41 to name one). We were not going to back down because we have heard all week how we are your doormats to the state finals. It is not a act of being a thug, but a act to show that we were not going to be intimidated. Trinity played a great game all the credit goes to their players and coaches, good luck to them in the finals as I will be rooting for them to beat St. X. As for their followers on this site, maybe you should check your facts before you start bashing our program and our coach. Sam Simpson is one of the classiest men that I know and would never purposely show disrespect to anyone.

 

No! you have your facts wrong! maybe you are seeing it thru colored glasses?? 1) HC refused to come out first and forced Trinity to come out 1st instead, as Trinity came running out guess what happens, your Team comes out at the same time and jumps up and down on the "T" at mid-field and started trash talking and taunting the Trinity Players, botton line: " PREMEDETATED BY EVERYONE ON YOUR TEAM ALONG WITH THE COACHING STAFF".How about # 27 running his mouth in front of the bench, taunting I think. Cheap shots all night long by HC, They are a total CLASS LESS PROGRAM!!!! :flame:

Congratulations to our Brothers at Trinity! Sounds like you guys took care of business by playing Trinity football. It makes me proud to know so many Trinity guys and hear how you played the game. Good win.

 

STXMAN.

No! you have your facts wrong! maybe you are seeing it thru colored glasses?? 1) HC refused to come out first and forced Trinity to come out 1st instead, as Trinity came running out guess what happens, your Team comes out at the same time and jumps up and down on the "T" at mid-field and started trash talking and taunting the Trinity Players, botton line: " PREMEDETATED BY EVERYONE ON YOUR TEAM ALONG WITH THE COACHING STAFF".How about # 27 running his mouth in front of the bench, taunting I think. Cheap shots all night long by HC, They are a total CLASS LESS PROGRAM!!!! :flame:

 

You are absolutely correct RH. I was there in the second row behind the Trinity bench. I saw it with my own eyes and was as surprised as everyone else that HC did it. I'm sure there are many HC supporters who do not condone that type of behavior from their team.

Come on!! liking or disliking HC or Coach Simpson has nothing to do with it. Now, I love your passion but dressing it up without foul language is recommended. Please sit back and look at the facts and keep an open mind. Looking at the core of young players coming back next year there is a good a chance that Trinity will play them again. When Trinity does I would love to see your PROGRAM, COMMUNITY and SCHOOL represented with much more class. A formal apoligy is in line from COACH SIMPSON!!!

You are absolutely correct RH. I was there in the second row behind the Trinity bench. I saw it with my own eyes and was as surprised as everyone else that HC did it. I'm sure there are many HC supporters who do not condone that type of behavior from their team.

 

Well where are they??? not one word from any of the Fans that were on BGP

last week supporting their Team and saying that HC will win. All I heard at the end of the game on their side of the field was crikets!!. Also, seeing Coach standing out there on the 20 yard line consoling his Son!!! why wasn`t both of them with their PLAYERS, who needed them more. I think that it is all about Coach Simpson and his baby boy!! and not his boys or the football program. If he really cared he would have not put his boys up to the "BUSH LEAGUE GARBAGE" Totally disrespectful.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.