Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 41 Henry Clay 20

Featured Replies

I don't know if Coach Simpson was the one who had the idea to jump on the T or not and I think he had something to do with it but that's just a hunch. But he surely could have stopped it and he did nothing. Bottom line while Henry Clay was jumping on the T Trinity went in to a team huddle and looked like they had their pre game prayer. This was pretty much how the game was played as well. One side was well coached and the other looked like a bunch of kids playing in the back yard trying to out athlete everyone. I really feel sorry for Henry Clay's kids because what your coaches are letting you get away with is actually hurting you in the long run and maybe you will see that now.

  • Replies 151
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if Coach Simpson was the one who had the idea to jump on the T or not and I think he had something to do with it but that's just a hunch. But he surely could have stopped it and he did nothing. Bottom line while Henry Clay was jumping on the T Trinity went in to a team huddle and looked like they had their pre game prayer. This was pretty much how the game was played as well. One side was well coached and the other looked like a bunch of kids playing in the back yard trying to out athlete everyone. I really feel sorry for Henry Clay's kids because what your coaches are letting you get away with is actually hurting you in the long run and maybe you will see that now.

 

 

Well said!!!

You are absolutely correct RH. I was there in the second row behind the Trinity bench. I saw it with my own eyes and was as surprised as everyone else that HC did it. I'm sure there are many HC supporters who do not condone that type of behavior from their team.

 

I am probably they only HC supporter with a BGP account. That would be a good reason why no one else is replying.

 

I have a tremendous amount of respect for the TRINITY players. I wish I could say the same for YOU.

Stick to the game and not each other.

t-hc9.jpg

 

This is a pretty sweet photo. The only thing that could of made it better is if you could have seen the players breath. :ylsuper:

OK, im glad everyone on this site understands this entire situation more than I do. Henry Clay ran out when their name was announced over the PA. A few Trinity players were waiting on your T trying to intimidate us (#41 to name one). We were not going to back down because we have heard all week how we are your doormats to the state finals. It is not a act of being a thug, but a act to show that we were not going to be intimidated. Trinity played a great game all the credit goes to their players and coaches, good luck to them in the finals as I will be rooting for them to beat St. X. As for their followers on this site, maybe you should check your facts before you start bashing our program and our coach. Sam Simpson is one of the classiest men that I know and would never purposely show disrespect to anyone.

 

This is incorrect, HC...the PA announcer welcomed Henry Clay as they came through the gate onto the field. They were supposed to run onto the field and then go to their bench, then the PA man was to introduce Trinity and they were supposed to run onto the field and then to their bench. After the PA man intro'd Henry Clay they went to the west end zone and waited...and waited...and waited...time was running out so the PA man intro'd Trinity and they ran out. As soon as Trinity came out, so did Heny Clay. That's when the "T" stomping began and the trash talking started.

 

We're lucky we didn't have to introduce the St. Matthews Police Department onto the field as well as the two teams. Why can't people follow directions?

Thanks...

 

I dont think it was quite cold enough for that, but it felt cold enough though. I like shots like this looking down the line of scimmage.

 

 

 

This is a pretty sweet photo. The only thing that could of made it better is if you could have seen the players breath. :ylsuper:
Thanks...

 

I dont think it was quite cold enough for that, but it felt cold enough though. I like shots like this looking down the line of scimmage.

Was the photo shot during a kick or punt attempt?? I counted 10 T defenders in the box..

I believe it was a kick.

 

Was the photo shot during a kick or punt attempt?? I counted 10 T defenders in the box..

As part of the Lexington community and having watched some of the HC kids grow up in the youth leagues, I'll extend an apology for any misbehavior. I hope it was more a couple of bad apples leading the way than the team as a whole, as there are good kids on that team.

 

If you don't like how the other team dismisses your team's abilities, prove them wrong on the field. (See Highlands-LexCath and the pregame "lack of LC defense" comments as an example)

 

Now, to change the topic (perhaps it should be a new thread) we have problems here in Lexington getting Henry Clay on Lexington Catholic's schedule. Since Trinity has played both teams...and granted LC was a pre-season exhibition and HC was a post-season playoff....any thoughts from the Trinity folks on how those two would match-up?

This is incorrect, HC...the PA announcer welcomed Henry Clay as they came through the gate onto the field. They were supposed to run onto the field and then go to their bench, then the PA man was to introduce Trinity and they were supposed to run onto the field and then to their bench. After the PA man intro'd Henry Clay they went to the west end zone and waited...and waited...and waited...time was running out so the PA man intro'd Trinity and they ran out. As soon as Trinity came out, so did Heny Clay. That's when the "T" stomping began and the trash talking started.

 

We're lucky we didn't have to introduce the St. Matthews Police Department onto the field as well as the two teams. Why can't people follow directions?

 

We had to finish our pregame chant, a ritual we say before every game for atleast the past 6 seasons(probably more).

Lexington Cath would pass at will on HC. I am an old man and could have put more pressure on Petrino. Granted, kudos go to the Rocks o-line for the force field protection, but there was no steady effort to pressure him. I don't think Lex Cath played all their cards in the scrimmage vs. Trinity.... even so they showed a potent offense and solid defense. Assuming the HC dance team would put on another pre game exhibition at center field, I would predict something like 41-20....... Knights.

As part of the Lexington community and having watched some of the HC kids grow up in the youth leagues, I'll extend an apology for any misbehavior. I hope it was more a couple of bad apples leading the way than the team as a whole, as there are good kids on that team.

 

 

Nice post :thumb:

Was the photo shot during a kick or punt attempt?? I counted 10 T defenders in the box..

There's a flanker. It's a kick.

We had to finish our pregame chant, a ritual we say before every game for atleast the past 6 seasons(probably more).

 

Then this is a ritual that needs to end... there is no place for such pathetic behavior in any sport, much less high school football.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.