Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 41 Henry Clay 20

Featured Replies

Great game, great athletes down there in Lexington... Just didn't have the line play to put it together. The offensive line was undersized against a team like Trinity, and the defensive line never played to their size.

 

Too many important athletes going both ways.

  • Replies 151
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game, great athletes down there in Lexington... Just didn't have the line play to put it together. The offensive line was undersized against a team like Trinity, and the defensive line never played to their size.

 

Too many important athletes going both ways.

 

I think that HC were bigger on both sides of the ball (Trinity is not big) And i do understand that some of HC linemen went both ways but they were quite a bit bigger, and remember Trinity has some key players going both ways.

We had to finish our pregame chant, a ritual we say before every game for atleast the past 6 seasons(probably more).

 

 

Well if your team was not ready to come on to the field when they were supposed to, then they should have been respectful and let the Rocks come out and then when they had cleared your team could have come on to the field, istesd of what they did. You can try to sugar coat it however you want to but it was horribly disrespectful .( but thats what the HC coach wanted I guess ) p.s. I know I was in my seats and it got my blood boiling so I can just imagine what it did to the kids on the field.

I dont think the outcome of the game had anything to do with us getting too tired, they just physically beat us in every aspect of the game. They had a great game plan and had obviosly done excellent scouting. Their players were also more disciplined than us, they were like robots who were programed to do one thing and they always accomplished their task.

I think that HC were bigger on both sides of the ball (Trinity is not big) And i do understand that some of HC linemen went both ways but they were quite a bit bigger, and remember Trinity has some key players going both ways.

Trinity isn't big by T&X standards, but maybe you're right. The D-line for Trinity certainly played larger than HC's O-line.

 

And does Trinity's QB go both ways? No, he doesn't. That trumps anything else. Trinity has a FEW that play on both sides, not like Henry Clay, which was far from platoon football.

I don't know if Coach Simpson was the one who had the idea to jump on the T or not and I think he had something to do with it but that's just a hunch. But he surely could have stopped it and he did nothing. Bottom line while Henry Clay was jumping on the T Trinity went in to a team huddle and looked like they had their pre game prayer. This was pretty much how the game was played as well. One side was well coached and the other looked like a bunch of kids playing in the back yard trying to out athlete everyone. I really feel sorry for Henry Clay's kids because what your coaches are letting you get away with is actually hurting you in the long run and maybe you will see that now.

 

This is a perfect post my friend. That HC team reminded me of teh older Ballard teams that were sick with talent but had no formal coaching.

OK, im glad everyone on this site understands this entire situation more than I do. Henry Clay ran out when their name was announced over the PA. A few Trinity players were waiting on your T trying to intimidate us (#41 to name one). We were not going to back down because we have heard all week how we are your doormats to the state finals. It is not a act of being a thug, but a act to show that we were not going to be intimidated. Trinity played a great game all the credit goes to their players and coaches, good luck to them in the finals as I will be rooting for them to beat St. X. As for their followers on this site, maybe you should check your facts before you start bashing our program and our coach. Sam Simpson is one of the classiest men that I know and would never purposely show disrespect to anyone.

 

 

He would never purposely show disrespect to anyone?!?......I personally heard him disrespect a player and coach of a team that they were playing in a summer camp this past summer. If that is the type of leadership that he teaches his players, he needs to step down.

We had to finish our pregame chant, a ritual we say before every game for atleast the past 6 seasons(probably more).

Sorry, I don't buy it unless that chant lasts at least three or four minutes. When the PA announcer asked everyone to welcome our guests, I was walking into the stadium. The HC team was gathered at the west end and didn't move. When he asked the crowd to welcome the Trinity team (and both teams ran onto the field) I was in my seat. It had to be a considered decision by someone. It could have lead to a really ugly fight. Much credit goes to a couple of the Trinity coaches that grabbed a couple of players and sent them into the huddle for the pre-game prayer.

This is a perfect post my friend. That HC team reminded me of teh older Ballard teams that were sick with talent but had no formal coaching.

I kinda agree. What about the failed fourth down attempt, where the QB audibled to the run and only told the running back? Gee, I wonder what kind of play will be run.

I kinda agree. What about the failed fourth down attempt, where the QB audibled to the run and only told the running back? Gee, I wonder what kind of play will be run.

 

He didn't audible to anything, I WAS ON THE FIELD! It would have worked if we had receivers who might even attempt to block. Eric Senn made one heck of a play though because he was 5yrds off of the ball and got into his backpeddle before he came up and made a rare solo tackle on Rod.

He would never purposely show disrespect to anyone?!?......I personally heard him disrespect a player and coach of a team that they were playing in a summer camp this past summer. If that is the type of leadership that he teaches his players, he needs to step down.

 

WHO?? WHEN??? WHERE???? This is unfounded and off base.

I think it is incredible how people can suddenly make up unfounded comments about a man who has garned so much respect throughout the years.

^ well, I will stand behind what it is that I have said on here, that I heard and saw. Regardless of what kind of a man Coach Simpson is, he and his team, showed ZERO class in the way they handled the pregame activities. I am sure it was a method of upstaging and it only backfired. To backtrack now is the norm. I am glad that HC did not like us, and did want to kick our tails. That's the way it should be. Now, can they get back next year, or was this their flash in the pan?

*Trinity, how bout you show some class, let it go, you won the game.

Last week Dunbar did a formal dance with a chant on our HC(much more organized and would have started a even bigger uproar than what we did) and nothing was said. Nothing was said because we answered by putting 21 pts up in the first 6 min. We didn't need to down their coach, we just let the scoreboard do the talking.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.