Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Trinity...aka The "Schedule"

Featured Replies

Is Trinity moving to become "bigger than Kentucky" when it comes to prep football? What I mean by this is:

 

Since the current head coach has arrived at Trinity, the Shamrocks have dominated large-class football in Kentucky. Not only has Trinity exerted its dominance within the state, winning nearly all of the large-class state football titles, but the program has also begun to consistently take on top competition from outside the state, playing (and beating) some outstanding programs from TN and OH. Look at this year's schedule:

 

Preseason scrimmage against Highlands, and regular season games against Nashville Brentwood Academy, Nashville Montgomery Bell Academy, Cincinnati St. Xavier, Cincinnati Elder, Indianapolis Cathedral, Louisville St. Xavier (district), Louisville Male (district), Louisville Manual (district), Cincinnati Moeller and one more game TBD.

 

As it stands right now, the only scheduled regular season games against KY teams are the three required games against district foes. The rest of the games are against regional/national powers outside the state of KY. Has Trinity now left Kentucky prep football in the dust and moved on to bigger and better things (i.e., being a regional power)?

  • Replies 182
  • Views 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'd wait to see how the Rocks fare with that schedule first before I say they are a regional power. Scheduling is one thing, winning is another. Also, I think that T is blessed with very good players right now. Who knows if this will continue? One thing about Coach Beatty: He is not afraid to lose. He doesn't like to lose but he is not afraid to play good teams who can beat his.

Is Trinity moving to become "bigger than Kentucky" when it comes to prep football? What I mean by this is:

 

Since the current head coach has arrived at Trinity, the Shamrocks have dominated large-class football in Kentucky. Not only has Trinity exerted its dominance within the state, winning nearly all of the large-class state football titles, but the program has also begun to consistently take on top competition from outside the state, playing (and beating) some outstanding programs from TN and OH. Look at this year's schedule:

 

Preseason scrimmage against Highlands, and regular season games against Nashville Brentwood Academy, Nashville Montgomery Bell Academy, Cincinnati St. Xavier, Cincinnati Elder, Indianapolis Cathedral, Louisville St. Xavier (district), Louisville Male (district), Louisville Manual (district), Cincinnati Moeller and one more game TBD.

 

As it stands right now, the only scheduled regular season games against KY teams are the three required games against district foes. The rest of the games are against regional/national powers outside the state of KY. Has Trinity now left Kentucky prep football in the dust and moved on to bigger and better things (i.e., being a regional power)?

 

I can't speak in any truely insider way. But I believe it's not so much a choice, as a consequence of our success.

I can't speak in any truely insider way. But I believe it's not so much a choice, as a consequence of our success.

 

That makes a lot of sense to me. I can't imagine many teams from Ky that want to play Trinity. Especially at this current time.

 

As it stands right now, the only scheduled regular season games against KY teams are the three required games against district foes. The rest of the games are against regional/national powers outside the state of KY. Has Trinity now left Kentucky prep football in the dust and moved on to bigger and better things (i.e., being a regional power)?

 

I was told by some T dads on the fence line during the final game of the regular season last year that basically there a boycott/"scheduler reduction" (as it was called here a few years ago) underway in JC. Trinity was having a very hard time scheduling games already then the new alignment with super district only made the situation worse since it took 3 district games out of their schedule and replaced them with with district games that used to be out of district rival games. Basically they have no choice to but to go out of state.

 

Please do not let these comments unravel the thread the Pub/Priv debate. But the fact is T had to go out of state to fill its schedule.

It should be a goal of Trinity if it is not; by playing a "national" schedule, they will only continue to draw more good players; by playing the excellent schedule, they will continue to improve as well. The schools in KY who choose not to play Trinity are only "feeding the fire!"

Lets hope they don't get the injury bug because then someone in 6A could knock them off.

I am very happy that many of our players will have had a year of starting experience under their belts with the schedule they have coming. There is no question that at the outset this looks to be the toughest schedule we have ever played. We could well end up with a losing record when we hit the playoffs this upcoming season. As I said before though if these kids can go through the season unbeaten AND take #21 in the process then I will be more than happy to give them my vote as the best team we have ever had.

Lets hope they don't get the injury bug because then someone in 6A could knock them off.

 

 

To beat us you have to score on us.

I hate when teams in an area decide not to play a team. If I have a powerhouse in my area, I would desperately want to play them if I'm a player, coach or fan. See how you measure up and try to improve.

 

As for Trinity, their success will only continue to move them up the ladder in terms of becoming a regional powerhouse. I, for one, hope they get there.

Maybe some teams are just getting tired of losing, after a while it gets old. I guess we just have to try harder. I didn't start the thread.

Has there ever been a more robust schedule in Ky high school football history?

Lets hope they don't get the injury bug because then someone in 6A could knock them off.

 

Even if Trinity gets the injury bug , ( and I wouldn't wish that on any team ) the team that beats them will have more than a running game.

Maybe some teams are just getting tired of losing, after a while it gets old. I guess we just have to try harder. I didn't start the thread.

 

I'm not a coach and never have been one , but the bolded is the lamest excuse I've ever heard for not playing a certain team. How about doing something different to make YOUR TEAM more competitive ? Change coaches , run a different O or D ? Do something to make YOUR SCHOOL attract better athletes !! It won't happen over night but it CAN happen over time ! Where was Johnson Central 5 years ago ? Where are they now ? I'll tell you where they are now , the last three seasons they have been giving Highlands all they want in the playoffs. It didn't happen over night but they did it , and anyone else can do it IF THEY TRY !! I'll get off my soap box now , and I hope that you are not a coach.

Lets hope they don't get the injury bug because then someone in 6A could knock them off.

 

Unless that 6A school has initials S X not likely. I'm surprised the next 6A powerhouse didn't step up.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.