February 9, 201115 yr Good win for the Cats. Liggins stood out as the MVP of this one. UK seems nearly unbeatable at Rupp.
February 9, 201115 yr Cats get a big W and go to 5-4. Two games back of Florida. Like I said in the Prediction thread the UT inside game did not scare me! Huge game for Jorts! :dancingpa
February 9, 201115 yr I figured they would win this one being at home, but I expected it to be closer. Either way, good win for the Cats.
February 9, 201115 yr Good win for the Cats. Liggins stood out as the MVP of this one. UK seems nearly unbeatable at Rupp. Liggins had a great game. I believe Liggins and Miller are the key to how far Kentucky can go.
February 9, 201115 yr Home sweet home, was good to be back in Rupp! I thought this was exactly what was needed. U.K. faced an imo absolute "have to have" game and they definately responded. I thought that it was a team effort tonight and with the exception of the first several minutes of the game everyone played pretty well. I do admit that I was going nuts in those first minutes over all the lazy passes and turnovers, U.K. quickly straightened that up and played basketball that imo everyone has been waiting on. Liggins with 19, Harrellson added 16 and Jones with another double/double all had very good games. Lamb was shooting well early as well. U.K. also shot 81% from the FT line. Was good to welcome B. Pearl back to Rupp Arena where he is 0 for 5 years. Hopefully this game will give this team a much needed boost, especially heading to Nashville on Saturday and to that museum that Vandy calls home. Vandy is always tough at home and this being a good Vandy team will make it that much tougher.
February 9, 201115 yr Big games for Jorts, Liggins, and Miller, the three guys UK needs to bring it night in night out, the upperclassmen. This team is night and day being at Rupp compared to being on the road.
February 9, 201115 yr The SI article on this game states that B.Pearl ask for security heading to halftime and UT ast. coaches were jawing with fans behind the UT bench :confused:. Did anyon se this or know about it? While the students were giving Pearl an eyeful, the fans directly behind the Tennessee bench gave him an earful. Pearl asked security to get involved as he walked off the court at halftime and his assistants appeared to exchange words with several people in Kentucky gear moments before the second half started. The razzing, however, turned into a roar as Kentucky used a 16-3 surge early in the second half to grab a 51-33 lead and cruise from there. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/ncaa/men/gameflash/2011/02/08/66993_recap.html?eref=sihp
February 9, 201115 yr Jimmy Dykes has traded his "violent cuts" to the "nail". :lol: Wonder what happened to the "high school Harry pass". :idunno::lol:
February 9, 201115 yr Jones had 8 turnovers. Ouch!!! Every starter had at least 2 assist. They did a nice job moving the ball around.
February 9, 201115 yr Liggins had a great game. I believe Liggins and Miller are the key to how far Kentucky can go. Harrellson had a fantastic game. When he was off the floor, is when UT made their runs at the lead, because nobody else could handle Williams. I think Liggins and Harrellson are the keys.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.