February 9, 201115 yr The atmosphere at Rupp was rockin'. Every time I sat down, the fans would stand up and yell again! First game all season that the fans were into the game, for the entire game.
February 9, 201115 yr Jones had 8 turnovers. Ouch!!! Every starter had at least 2 assist. They did a nice job moving the ball around. :thumb:
February 9, 201115 yr Great game by Liggins and Harrelson. Another terrible game offensively by Jones. At least he played defense. Also, Vargas didn't kill them when he was in and that's good news. Harris with a terrible game for UT. The media slobbering over Pearl sure didn't seem like a guy who just came off a suspension who is lucky to have not been fired. Love seeing em lose though. :thumb:
February 9, 201115 yr They gave great effort going after loose balls and rebounds. It seemed like there were several plays when the ball would just bounce right to UK. Sometimes it was because of effort, sometimes it was just a good bounce. I remember one play when Liggins was battling for a rebound (or loose ball) in the midst of about 4 UT players and he managed to knock the ball out. Instead of going to one of the UT guys, it went directly to the lone UK player in the vicinity, Jones. I agree, I felt like there was just a lot more effort out there tonight by the Cats. Chasing down and diving after loose balls. I don't know the numbers, but it seems like they dominated the boards too.
February 9, 201115 yr Anyone else notice when TN made their run at the end of the first half, UK stopped attacking and went to their stall ball that they use at the end of games? They were killing UT until they started that offense with about 6 minutes to go in the half.
February 9, 201115 yr I agree, I felt like there was just a lot more effort out there tonight by the Cats. Chasing down and diving after loose balls. I don't know the numbers, but it seems like they dominated the boards too. :thumb: I agree and as for the boards you are right, U.K. beat U.T. on the boards 38-28.
February 9, 201115 yr Great game by Liggins and Harrelson. Another terrible game offensively by Jones. At least he played defense. Also, Vargas didn't kill them when he was in and that's good news. Harris with a terrible game for UT. The media slobbering over Pearl sure didn't seem like a guy who just came off a suspension who is lucky to have not been fired. Love seeing em lose though. :thumb: I agree to a point but Jones still got a double/double, 10pts.-11reb . if I am not mistaken. That is how talented ones realy is, does't seem like he is playing good an he gets a double/double.
February 9, 201115 yr I agree to a point but Jones still got a double/double, 10pts.-11reb . if I am not mistaken. That is how talented ones realy is, does't seem like he is playing good an he gets a double/double. But 6 out of his 10 points were at the free throw line (2 of them in garbage time) and he was 2-9 from the field. 22% is pretty bad.
February 9, 201115 yr Author Jones is not ready for the NBA. Should he enter the draft he should be prepared for the D league life.
February 9, 201115 yr Key to this game was ball movement and defense. So many times this season they have been stagnet on offense and force bad shots. Tonight it seemed like everyone excepted thier roles and executed accordingly. Nice win... let's get the 'dores on Saturday.
February 9, 201115 yr But 6 out of his 10 points were at the free throw line (2 of them in garbage time) and he was 2-9 from the field. 22% is pretty bad. 22% is bad, but I would also argue he was not taking terrible shots like many have grown accustomed to, just not making them including a couple that were blocked right out of the gate. The most remarkable stat is that he only took 9 shots, which is low for Jones. 3 of those were in the first couple of minutes and two more came when UK went on that flurry and were uncontested drunks (obviously the two shots he made).
February 9, 201115 yr They did play more unselfish last night and went on some pretty good runs, but lets not all get overly excited. Tennessee is not a very good basketball team. They have loses to Oakland, Charlotte and Charleston. These are far from powerhouse programs. They are probably a tournament team right now but would not be suprised if they end up on the bubble or outside the bubble. There offense is painful to watch. I think Liggins played his best game as a Cat. Note to Darius-- Quit shooting that little runner in the lane! Either pull up and shoot the 10 footer or go all the way to the basket.
February 9, 201115 yr ^I really hope he doesn't take that advice. That runner is normally his most effective offensive move. Also, if we're going to list all the garbage teams that Tennessee has lost to, how about we also list the elite teams they've beaten this season....neutral court win vs. Villanova, and what pretty much amounted to a road win against Pitt.
February 9, 201115 yr 22% is bad, but I would also argue he was not taking terrible shots like many have grown accustomed to, just not making them including a couple that were blocked right out of the gate. The most remarkable stat is that he only took 9 shots, which is low for Jones. 3 of those were in the first couple of minutes and two more came when UK went on that flurry and were uncontested drunks (obviously the two shots he made). Jones also had 8 turnovers. He had a terrible game. Period. Defensively he played well.
February 9, 201115 yr Yeah Tennessee is the most jekyll and hyde team in college basketball. I am predicting now they end up not in the tourney and if they do end up out real quick. They seem to be regressing from where they were early in the year.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.