Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mike Murphy-Mason County Timekeeper Taken Ill Prayers Needed

Featured Replies

Murph, my family will miss you dearly. Prayers go out to your wife and all your family. May God comfort all of you and the Maysville-Mason County community as well. Huge loss in this area and this man was all about the kids of all ages. Thanks for the many conversations, great sports minded man and a man that loved his family dearly. R.I.P. Murph......

  • Replies 45
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason County has certainly had their share of tragedy.

 

The sudden death of Mike Murphy hits home to all of us. Genuine is a great description of a man who gave endless hours for others benefit.

This is indeed a very tough, sad, day in the lives of all of those who knew him. I can only imagine the emptiness being felt in Maysville tonight.

Murph was a fixture in the Fieldhouse and will be sadly missed. :cry:

It was one of those things you knew you would always hear when you were in the Fieldhouse, the announcement of "your timekeeper, Mike "The Murph" Murphy." So sad that we'll not hear it again. May God be with his family in this tragic time. Prayers for them and the entire Mason County family from Augusta.

A very sad day for all of those that knew and loved him.

 

I offer up this prayer for Mr Murphy's family and friends:

 

Lord I ask that you comfort this family and friends and give them peace. Lord I ask that you guide them and ease their pain. Lord give them the understanding that they need to get over this tormentuous time. Thank you Lord,In thy name I pray. Amen.

Very sad to hear this. Coach Murphy was a fixture at the Fieldhouse and will be very much missed.

People like Mr. Murphy are the backbone, heart and soul of youth athletic programs everywhere. I am sure he will be greatly missed. My condolances to his family and friends.

Like everyone else, I absolutely hate this. "Murph" has been a fixture at Mason County/10th region sporting events for as long as I can remember--literally. He'll be dearly missed.

Very sad news indeed! My heart and prayers go out to the entire family. Mason County has truly lost their best and most loyal supporter. His shoes will never be filled.

Very sad for for all those who were associated or knew Mike Murphy. I've known Murph since he was a kid and really enjoyed being around him. He was a fixture to the athletic program at Mason Co .He did it all for their sports program and as others have said ,can not be replaced. As I said in another forum, He was a guy you had to love. My family loved him and will surely miss him.

Thoughts and prayers to Mr. Murphy's friends and family.

  • Author

Murph, I loved you like a brother, I will always miss and think of all the things we have done constantly. It will not be the same at the scorer table without you. Rest in Peace. God Bless all of your family. Good Bye "MR. Royal"

Just an absolutely tremendous loss for Mason County and the Royals Nation, it's hard to type for this one. Have known Murph since he had the Sportshop downtown and once he knew you he never forgot you. Just a real genuine human being that was always sacrificing and giving back to the Athletic program at Mason County and trust me they don't make them like that anymore. First Keith Carver awhile back, now Murph, two Mason County Royals fixtures that will never be replaced and always be missed. Rest in Peace. God Bless to the family and to the Royals Nation.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.