Rank the state finalist

Walter

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we have a class state championship. Then a playoff against the top twelve! In this thread your going to get your own team as high as possible. And if your not from that area and you don't respect a team your going to lower his ranking. So your going to see teams like Male, Central, NCC, Mayfield all over these rankings. Nobody wins these battles! If your a Male fan the ranking will be up. If your from Mayfield your ranking will be up. You can already see these trends! I say Trinity, Highlands and Boyle Co are far above anyone else.

But if you really want the best add Bell Co and one or two others in a real ranking!

Prior to today, most people I talked to indicated Mayfield was the best team they'd seen. Part of that will be because of how bad Hazard looked, but they're easily either #3 or #4. Male, I don't happen to believe belong anywhere near where you have them. I would not put them above Mayfield, NewCath, Christian County, or Allen County-Scottsville.

If you think NCC would beat Male you have way too much respect for 2A football.

1.Trinty

2.Highlands

3.Boyle Co.

4.Male

5.Mayfield

6.Newcath

7.Allen Co. Scottsville

8.Central

9.Christian Co.

10.Belfry

1.Trinty

2.Highlands

3.Boyle Co.

4.Male

5.Mayfield

6.Newcath

7.Allen Co. Scottsville

8.Central

9.Christian Co.

10.Belfry

I realize you may have Christian Co so low because of how bad Highlands beat them yesterday, but realize that outside of Trinity and Boyle Co, nobody on that list is close to Highlands' level. Christian Co, at worst, is the 6th best team in the finals IMO.

1) Trinity

2) Highlands

3) Boyle Co

4) Mayfield

5) ACS

6) Christian Co

7) Male

8) Central

9) NCC

10) Hazard

11) OBoro Cath

12) Belfry

No way Newcath was the 9th best team at the state finals. They've played and beat better teams than Central, Christian Co, and Allen Co Scottsville. (Dixie and Covcath)

Newcath is a legit top 5 team.

They performed fine against some 5A schools and weren't altogether embarrassed by Ryle. Personally, I think Ryle would run Male straight off the field. You have way to much respect for the beneficiary of an incredibly weak side of the bracket.

I realize you may have Christian Co so low because of how bad Highlands beat them yesterday, but realize that outside of Trinity and Boyle Co, nobody on that list is close to Highlands' level. Christian Co, at worst, is the 6th best team in the finals IMO.

Right...so the top 4 are accurate, IMO. In another post, you stated NCC is top 5. I would have to believe by the way Mayfield dismantled Beechwood that they are at least even with NCC. So that puts Christian Co. in the bottom 4 of the top 10. ACS played Boyle well and I think Central's speed would be too much. So, my rationale is Christian Co. at 9. :thumb: and I'm sticking to it!

No way Newcath was the 9th best team at the state finals. They've played and beat better teams than Central, Christian Co, and Allen Co Scottsville. (Dixie and Covcath)

Newcath is a legit top 5 team.

Who? Name specifics. When I went to look at their schedule I couldn't find a big win. Cov Cath. Fine, but they only won 6 games all season. They lost to Ryle and Beechwood. (No shame but they didn't beat them)

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfb10/32504

There's the schedule. Let's talk specifics.

Christian County is better than ACS.

Sure didn't look like it! Christian County by far was the worse looking team I seen down there. Not only could they not move the ball, they had trouble getting back to the line of scrimmage. I realize they weren't the worse team down their but they looked very unprepared.

IMO, ACS deserves more credit than they are getting in this thread. They gave Boyle all Boyle could handle. Just don't see how Boyle is a top three team and everyone else is distant when Boyle was only 7 points better than ACS.

1 - Trinity

2 - Highlands

3 - Boyle Co

4 - ACS

5 - Mayfiled

6 - Male

7 - NCC

8 - Central

9 - Christian County

10 - Belfry

11 - Hazard

12 - OCath

Christian County is better than ACS.

No they're not. Christian has TWO players who are better than anybody on Allen's team, but as a whole, Allen is a better team. Boyle needed a phantom offsides call and a pure stupidity block in the back to put Allen away. That's part of the game, but I would put ACS as a Pick'em against everyone in the Finals this year save Trinity and Highlands.

Sure didn't look like it! Christian County by far was the worse looking team I seen down there. Not only could they not move the ball, they had trouble getting back to the line of scrimmage. I realize they weren't the worse team down their but they looked very unprepared.

IMO, ACS deserves more credit than they are getting in this thread. They gave Boyle all Boyle could handle. Just don't see how Boyle is a top three team and everyone else is distant when Boyle was only 7 points better than ACS.

1 - Trinity

2 - Highlands

3 - Boyle Co

4 - ACS

5 - Mayfiled

6 - Male

7 - NCC

8 - Central

9 - Christian County

10 - Belfry

11 - Hazard

12 - OCath

No they're not. Christian has TWO players who are better than anybody on Allen's team, but as a whole, Allen is a better team. Boyle needed a phantom offsides call and a pure stupidity block in the back to put Allen away. That's part of the game, but I would put ACS as a Pick'em against everyone in the Finals this year save Trinity and Highlands.

We can agree to disagree then. I thought Johnson Central, Christian County and Bell County were all better teams than ACS. ACS couldn't run on us so they just dropped back and started heaving the ball since they couldn't run on us and connected twice for tds.