Rank the state finalist

Walter

Now that all of the games have played out, if we were to rank the teams that appeared in the state finals, how would everyone have them?

I'd go with the following:

1. Trinity

2. Highlands

3. Boyle Co

4. Male

5. Newcath

6. Christian Co

7. Allen Co Scottsville

8. Central

9. Mayfield

10. Belfry

1.1 Owensboro Catholic

12. Hazard

Thoughts?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that all of the games have played out, if we were to rank the teams that appeared in the state finals, how would everyone have them?

I'd go with the following:

1. Trinity

2. Highlands

3. Boyle Co

4. Male

5. Newcath

6. Christian Co

7. Allen Co Scottsville

8. Central

9. Mayfield

10. Belfry

1.1 Owensboro Catholic

12. Hazard

Thoughts?

As a NewCath grad I agree with your list.

1 & 2, I don't think you're going to get an argument. And then, well, it starts going wrong......

My list was just to get things started.

I realize it's not perfect and teams like Mayfield could be better than where I have them at #9. Some people may even have them in the top 5.

My list was just to get things started.

I realize it's not perfect and teams like Mayfield could be better than where I have them at #9. Some people may even have them in the top 5.

Prior to today, most people I talked to indicated Mayfield was the best team they'd seen. Part of that will be because of how bad Hazard looked, but they're easily either #3 or #4. Male, I don't happen to believe belong anywhere near where you have them. I would not put them above Mayfield, NewCath, Christian County, or Allen County-Scottsville.

1. Trinity

2. Highlands

3. Boyle County

4. Male

5. Mayfield

6. Newport Central Catholic

7. Christian County

8. Central

9. Allen County

10. Owensboro Catholic

11. Hazard

12. Belfry

Not even close on the bottom team in my opinion. Not a great Central team and they could have scored as many as they wanted!

Prior to today, most people I talked to indicated Mayfield was the best team they'd seen. Part of that will be because of how bad Hazard looked, but they're easily either #3 or #4. Male, I don't happen to believe belong anywhere near where you have them. I would not put them above Mayfield, NewCath, Christian County, or Allen County-Scottsville.

Male is a very good team and worthy of #4, IMO. They beat Central 36-0.

I think the teams definetly ahead of everyone else are Boyle Co, Highlands, and Trinity.

After this, everything is up for debate.

I think Newcath is the toughest team to defend and also has the most size after the above four named.

Again, this is all speculation and I know my ranking isn't perfect. Male could really be the 10th best team and Mayfield the 3rd....who knows? Was just wanting to see how other people would rank the state finalist. :thumb:

Male is a very good team and worthy of #4, IMO. They beat Central 36-0.

I think the teams definetly ahead of everyone else are Boyle Co, Highlands, and Trinity.

After this, everything is up for debate.

I think Newcath is the toughest team to defend and also has the most size after the above four named.

Again, this is all speculation and I know my ranking isn't perfect. Male could really be the 10th best team and Mayfield the 3rd....who knows? Was just wanting to see how other people would rank the state finalist. :thumb:

Is Central the only game that we base Male's ranking off of? They lost to PRP big as well, and if PRP were part of these rankings, they'd rate no better than 9th in my eyes. It takes more than performance against a team from 3 classes lower that historically gets knocked around by teams above them in class to make me rank Male #4.

For me:

1) Trinity

2) Highlands

3) Boyle County

4) Mayfield

5) Newport Central Catholic

6) Allen County-Scottsville

7) Christian County

8) Male

9) Louisville Central

10) Owensboro Catholic

11) Hazard