Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Enes Kanter appeal

Featured Replies

If true, I'm a little worried about changing the argument from "they didn't do anything wrong" to "Enes didn't know they did anything wrong"

 

Unlike the Newton case though, I don't see any NEW evidence coming out that would let them change the decision later. So FREE ENES!

  • Replies 337
  • Views 43.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This ridiculous how much longer will this drag out because it's really making us weary who love the Cats!

Go Big Blue!

If true, I'm a little worried about changing the argument from "they didn't do anything wrong" to "Enes didn't know they did anything wrong"

 

Unlike the Newton case though, I don't see any NEW evidence coming out that would let them change the decision later. So FREE ENES!

 

Enes not knowing anything is laughable...but not quite as much as the idea that Cam Newton didn't know anything. I think this most recent move by UK is a Hail Mary, of sorts. They don't see Enes being eligible, so might as well put the NCAA's back to the wall with their own inconsistency.

Interesting that UK and the NCAA released a joint statement, not just the institution.

UK looks like the may try to make the NCAA stand on their decision with the Newton.

  • Author
Interesting that UK and the NCAA released a joint statement, not just the institution.

UK looks like the may try to make the NCAA stand on their decision with the Newton.

I agree, the joint statement is making me wonder if the NCAA may even be trying to find a way out of this and let him play without the appeals process.
  • Author

I was just talking to a couple of parents who's kids go to private schools, after this I see where UK COULD be going with this now, if it's going in this direction now.

 

Do you tell your kids how much everything cost and where the money is coming from? Do all kids that attend private schools (or have tutors) know exactly how much it cost to go to that school? Do they know where all the money is coming from? Some have other family members such as grandparents, aunts and uncles paying for it as well and the kids do not know, or do not know how much each person is paying. Some had scholarships and have no idea if the people that awarded the scholarship gave their parents the money to pay the school or if it was directly paid to the school. Heck, most kids don't even know how much their car insurance is, they just know it's paid for in full or in part by reletives, with the kid paying either nothing or a part of it.

 

Even though the Kanters were trying to do everything right, as a 16 year old kid, did Enes know that the club paid his parents the money to pay out for his education? Or did Enes think that the education was paid directly from the club? I do not think a 16 year old kid would know. AGAIN, the NCAA said the schooling being paid for was okay, it's just how the money was distributed.

 

So, in light of the Newton decision, setting a precedent, asking to resubmit the case to the NCAA would make sense, and the fact that the NCAA accepted UK to resubmit COULD make it look like a good thing for Kanter.

I was just talking to a couple of parents who's kids go to private schools, after this I see where UK COULD be going with this now, if it's going in this direction now.

 

Do you tell your kids how much everything cost and where the money is coming from? Do all kids that attend private schools (or have tutors) know exactly how much it cost to go to that school? Do they know where all the money is coming from? Some have other family members such as grandparents, aunts and uncles paying for it as well and the kids do not know, or do not know how much each person is paying. Some had scholarships and have no idea if the people that awarded the scholarship gave their parents the money to pay the school or if it was directly paid to the school. Heck, most kids don't even know how much their car insurance is, they just know it's paid for in full or in part by reletives, with the kid paying either nothing or a part of it.

 

Even though the Kanters were trying to do everything right, as a 16 year old kid, did Enes know that the club paid his parents the money to pay out for his education? Or did Enes think that the education was paid directly from the club? I do not think a 16 year old kid would know. AGAIN, the NCAA said the schooling being paid for was okay, it's just how the money was distributed.

 

So, in light of the Newton decision, setting a precedent, asking to resubmit the case to the NCAA would make sense, and the fact that the NCAA accepted UK to resubmit COULD make it look like a good thing for Kanter.

 

Those are pretty much my thoughts. Even if Enes knew money was being received (surely he did), its extremely possible that he had no idea exactly how much and to whom it was being paid. If the new standard is if Enes KNEW his amateurism was jeopardized, I think there's an easy argument that he had no idea.

Spot on, SG.

I was just talking to a couple of parents who's kids go to private schools, after this I see where UK COULD be going with this now, if it's going in this direction now.

 

Do you tell your kids how much everything cost and where the money is coming from? Do all kids that attend private schools (or have tutors) know exactly how much it cost to go to that school? Do they know where all the money is coming from? Some have other family members such as grandparents, aunts and uncles paying for it as well and the kids do not know, or do not know how much each person is paying. Some had scholarships and have no idea if the people that awarded the scholarship gave their parents the money to pay the school or if it was directly paid to the school. Heck, most kids don't even know how much their car insurance is, they just know it's paid for in full or in part by reletives, with the kid paying either nothing or a part of it.

 

Even though the Kanters were trying to do everything right, as a 16 year old kid, did Enes know that the club paid his parents the money to pay out for his education? Or did Enes think that the education was paid directly from the club? I do not think a 16 year old kid would know. AGAIN, the NCAA said the schooling being paid for was okay, it's just how the money was distributed.

 

So, in light of the Newton decision, setting a precedent, asking to resubmit the case to the NCAA would make sense, and the fact that the NCAA accepted UK to resubmit COULD make it look like a good thing for Kanter.

I agree, the joint statement is making me wonder if the NCAA may even be trying to find a way out of this and let him play without the appeals process.

That's what it looks like to me as well.

I can't stand UK but I think this kid deserves to play and I hope he is eventually ruled eligible.

I can't stand UK but I think this kid deserves to play and I hope he is eventually ruled eligible.

 

I'm glad you feel that way. I hope other rival fans share your feelings.

 

I'm curious as to why you feel that way. You've made your feelings toward UK very obvious on BGP.

I'm glad you feel that way. I hope other rival fans share your feelings.

 

I'm curious as to why you feel that way. You've made your feelings toward UK very obvious on BGP.

 

Because from everything I've read they did all they could to try and stay within the rules of the NCAA. The kid obviously wants to experience college and playing college basketball. WVU went through a similar thing last year with Deniz Kilicli.

Because from everything I've read they did all they could to try and stay within the rules of the NCAA. The kid obviously wants to experience college and playing college basketball. WVU went through a similar thing last year with Deniz Kilicli.

 

:thumb:

 

Good to hear.

After watching the UNC game, I've changed my mind.

 

Right or wrong, get him eligible:lol:

Sure could have used him today.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.