Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Write This Down: 2010-2011 National Champs Edition

Featured Replies

They are far and away the best team right now. It would be a different story if Duke didn't losing Irving.

 

They are the best team right now but the gap is not as big as you are making it out to be.

  • Replies 126
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are the best team right now but the gap is not as big as you are making it out to be.

 

OK a few less "enters". :D Point is the are clearly the best team right now.

They are far and away the best team right now. It would be a different story if Duke didn't lose Irving.

 

No they're not. Not by a long shot. 5 of their 6 games leading up to tonight...

 

73-68 @ Iowa

67-64 vs. Minnesota

68-64 @ Michigan

69-66 vs. Penn State

73-68 @ Illinois

 

Yep....Sure looks like what the "far and away" best team would do. They were amped up for a showdown against a legit top 10-15 team @ home, and played a heck of a game. No more, no less.

Two "far and away" best teams that I remember: 1991 - UNLV, 1999 - Duke. The former lost in the Final Four to Duke (though I think that game was thrown), the latter, lost to UConn in the title game.

No they're not. Not by a long shot. 5 of their 6 games leading up to tonight...

 

73-68 @ Iowa

67-64 vs. Minnesota

68-64 @ Michigan

69-66 vs. Penn State

73-68 @ Illinois

 

Yep....Sure looks like what the "far and away" best team would do. They were amped up for a showdown against a legit top 10-15 team @ home, and played a heck of a game. No more, no less.

 

Did they lose any of those games? Didn't think so, RIGHT NOW they are definitely the best team in the land you guys act like I am going out on a limb here with this they are ranked #1.

Did they lose any of those games? Didn't think so, RIGHT NOW they are definitely the best team in the land you guys act like I am going out on a limb here with this they are ranked #1.

 

You said, "Far and Away" they're the best team in the country. Best? Maybe so, but it's by a small margin.

 

If we're talking best in the country right now, I'd say you can make a pretty compelling argument for a handful of teams, especially the Texas Longhorns. No one is playing better ball than they are right now.

They are far and away the best team right now. It would be a different story if Duke didn't lose Irving.

 

I think Ohio St is better than Duke with or without Irving.

1. OSU

 

 

 

2-25.. Not even close

I think 1-40 have as good of a shot as anyone. As I have said, the college basketball product continues to worsen. Can you ever recall three BCS conferences being as collectively bad in one season as the ACC, SEC, and Pac-10? The Big East is solid across the board, but does anyone really think Pitt, Syracuse, or Nova are all that wonderful?

I think 1-40 have as good of a shot as anyone. As I have said, the college basketball product continues to worsen. Can you ever recall three BCS conferences being as collectively bad in one season as the ACC, SEC, and Pac-10? The Big East is solid across the board, but does anyone really think Pitt, Syracuse, or Nova are all that wonderful?

 

I'd say Nova is the best of the 3. Of course that could be because they're my preseason national champion pick. :D

I'd say Nova is the best of the 3. Of course that could be because they're my preseason national champion pick. :D

And that is good as any other pick, but the statement still holds true. Just hope they avoid UT. :D

 

If we're talking best in the country right now, I'd say you can make a pretty compelling argument for a handful of teams, especially the Texas Longhorns. No one is playing better ball than they are right now.

 

Did you watch the Ohio $tate / Purdue game last night? :idunno:

Did you watch the Ohio $tate / Purdue game last night? :idunno:

 

Yep. I try not to judge teams based solely on one game. They've struggled to pull out wins against Penn State, Iowa, and Michigan recently as well.

Two "far and away" best teams that I remember: 1991 - UNLV, 1999 - Duke. The former lost in the Final Four to Duke (though I think that game was thrown), the latter, lost to UConn in the title game.

 

There's a bunch of teams, IMO, better than both of those. 96 UK team is the best I've seen in my lifetime, followed very closely by the 2009 UNC team, 90 UNLV team, 01 & 92 Duke teams, & 07 Florida team. If you're far & away the best team, then you win the national championship. The two teams you mentioned above did not.

 

With Irving out for Duke, I don't see anyone being that much ahead of anyone else. Buckeyes look to be the best right now, but I'm not sold on the quality of the Big 10. Still, I think they're a level ahead of everyone else.

They are far and away the best team right now. It would be a different story if Duke didn't lose Irving.

 

I agree HT.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.