Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Write This Down: 2010-2011 National Champs Edition

Featured Replies

I would say right now its clearly OSU. Pitt, Nova,BYU, and San Diego State are also in the mix. IF Duke, Kentucky, Texas and Washington keep a hot streak going, they may also have a chance.

 

What :lol:

  • Replies 126
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Derrick Williams: 29 MPG, 19.7 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 1.1 APG, 0.8 BPG, .623 FG%, .704 3PT%, .758 FT%

Kyle Singler: 33.7 MPG, 18.1 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 1.6 APG, 0.4 BPG, .444 FG%, .387 3PT%, .803 FT%

Jordan Hamilton: 30.8 MPG, 19.5 PPG, 7.2 RPG, 2.3 APG, 0.6 BPG, .410 FG%, .365 3PT%, .750 FT%

 

Yeah, Singler is just clearly better than the guys I listed...

 

Do those guys have the team mates the caliber that Singler has? Didn't think so.... Duke is not a 1 or 2 player team. They aren't going to put up 25 ppg. That doesn't mean they aren't better than some that do put up higher numbers. Dawkins, Curry, Kelly, and both Plumlees have each put up 15 pts a game this year.

So because Duke as a team is better than Purdue or Baylor, that means the individual players on Duke are all individually better than those on Purdue or Baylor? Interesting...Perry Jones wasn't on Baylor last year FYI.

 

I know college basketball, and I knew Perry Jones wasn't on Baylor last year FYI. You just can't get people to buy into your argument with all the players you listed previously.

Do those guys have the team mates the caliber that Singler has? Didn't think so.... Duke is not a 1 or 2 player team. They aren't going to put up 25 ppg. That doesn't mean they aren't better than some that do put up higher numbers. Dawkins, Curry, Kelly, and both Plumlees have each put up 15 pts a game this year.

 

Not to mention the past 10 Duke games Smith has taken over and pretty much dominated games for Duke.

The numbers don't really back that up (especially in Singler's case), but you're entitled to your own opinion. :thumb:

 

He said that they beat Purdue and Baylor in the tournament last year, like that somehow means Smith and Singler are better than anyone on Baylor's or Purdue's team.

 

No, that was just a throw in. My main point was did you see their performance in the WHOLE NCAA tournament? If you did then you can't possibly believe your list of players are better than Singler and Smith.

 

I'll give you Sullinger, Walker, Fredette, and maybe Jajuan Johnson and Jordan Hamilton are on the same level as Singler and Smith. If you prefer to have Selby on your team as opposed to Singler and Smith then it's not even worth trying to argue.

Derrick Williams: 29 MPG, 19.7 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 1.1 APG, 0.8 BPG, .623 FG%, .704 3PT%, .758 FT%

Kyle Singler: 33.7 MPG, 18.1 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 1.6 APG, 0.4 BPG, .444 FG%, .387 3PT%, .803 FT%

Jordan Hamilton: 30.8 MPG, 19.5 PPG, 7.2 RPG, 2.3 APG, 0.6 BPG, .410 FG%, .365 3PT%, .750 FT%

 

Yeah, Singler is just clearly better than the guys I listed...

 

Is Derrick Williams and Jordan Hamilton their teams' clear cut go to guy?

What :lol:

 

More of a chance than Washington. :lol:

Is Derrick Williams and Jordan Hamilton their teams' clear cut go to guy?

 

Williams and Hamilton would be any team's go to guys (including Duke). They're top 10 picks in this year's draft.

 

And I think an argument can be made that Texas is as good as Duke this year. 5 guys average 10+ a game, and 8 guys play 15 minutes a game.

No, that was just a throw in. My main point was did you see their performance in the WHOLE NCAA tournament? If you did then you can't possibly believe your list of players are better than Singler and Smith.

 

I'll give you Sullinger, Walker, Fredette, and maybe Jajuan Johnson and Jordan Hamilton are on the same level as Singler and Smith. If you prefer to have Selby on your team as opposed to Singler and Smith then it's not even worth trying to argue.

 

So you think 2 years from now, we'll look back and say that Smith is a better player than Selby? No chance my friend. Selby is an out of this world talent, Smith is a good ball player, but not like Selby.

 

Also, Williams is the best player in the country nobody knows about. He's a lock for the lottery, heck, he's even projected as the #1 overall pick in some places.

So you think 2 years from now, we'll look back and say that Smith is a better player than Selby? No chance my friend. Selby is an out of this world talent, Smith is a good ball player, but not like Selby.

 

Also, Williams is the best player in the country nobody knows about. He's a lock for the lottery, heck, he's even projected as the #1 overall pick in some places.

 

I think you are basing your argument on potential. I'm basing my argument on how good the players are right now and I just don't see it. I'll admit I don't know as much about Williams than I do the others, but there is just no way I would take Selby or Hamilton over Smith and Singler this season.

I think you are basing your argument on potential. I'm basing my argument on how good the players are right now and I just don't see it. I'll admit I don't know as much about Williams than I do the others, but there is just no way I would take Selby or Hamilton over Smith and Singler this season.

 

Tune into ESPN tonight and watch Hamilton. I'm telling you, he's better right now than Singler. He's got a ton of talent around him, just like Singler, and he still outproduces him.

 

The Selby argument is based on potential.

 

Williams is a beast. He's a 3/4 combo guy that is pretty much unknown. I think he's something insane like 70% from 3 this season. ESPN's draft lottery thing compares his game to David West.

That's how it works. Every year I watch a week or so of action, and the team that impresses me the most I go with. Started with the Florida team in the 1st year of their run, and I haven't been right since... :lol:

 

I thought that write it down thread you did that first year on Florida, was just that they would win the SEC Championship? Which would have just been a great prediction to just have gotten that right, because I don't think they were even ranked when you said that. That definitely a great call that you had on that one.

Tune into ESPN tonight and watch Hamilton. I'm telling you, he's better right now than Singler. He's got a ton of talent around him, just like Singler, and he still outproduces him.

 

The Selby argument is based on potential.

 

Williams is a beast. He's a 3/4 combo guy that is pretty much unknown. I think he's something insane like 70% from 3 this season. ESPN's draft lottery thing compares his game to David West.

 

I've been watching tonight and I've watched him before tonight too. He's a good, maybe even a great player who will succeed in the NBA. At this point in their careers, I just wouldn't take him over Singler. I'll admit I'm biased but it's hard to argue against his resume. Even if we do include Hamilton and Williams in the top 10, I still feel Singler falls into that category as well which was what my original statement was.

After watching OSU completeley dismantle Purdue in any and every way a basketball team could I will say that there is no doubt that OSU is the best basketball team in the country. OSU would have beaten anyone in the country by at least 15 points with the way they were playing last night vs. Purdue. As good as OSU is on offense imo they are better defensively and thats what makes them on a short list fior my national champion pick. Obviously they will not play that good every game but I would not doubt them winning the national title this year. I am not going as far as GT has with this thread by pegging the Buckeyes champs right now but I just might come March Madness.

(and btw I am not an OSU bsketball fan at all like I am in football so no celebrating a win here but I do like watching them play.......)

Two "far and away" best teams that I remember: 1991 - UNLV, 1999 - Duke. The former lost in the Final Four to Duke (though I think that game was thrown), the latter, lost to UConn in the title game.

 

Those were very good, and no doubt belong amoung the best ever but "far and away" :confused:? Gimme a break :lol:. UK's 96' team certainly belongs in that group, imo probably were better and the 97' U.K. team was also right there, imo if Pitino would have let Anderson play after the doctors had cleared him and the parents said go then U.K. would have had a three peat national title run, 96,97 and 98. I know that you said the ones that you remember so I'll not call you on the 75, 76 IU teams. UK beat the 75 IU team in a regional final and lost the NC game to UCLA, John Woodens last game. Then of course there the 10 national title teams of Wooden's UCLA dynasty, some were unbelievably great teams.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.