Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Write This Down: 2010-2011 National Champs Edition

Featured Replies

  • Author
That's a hard sell GT. Guess we'll see come draft time.

 

Kanter is the better NBA prospect, no doubt. Sully is made to be a monster in college. Go back and watch the Adidas Nations game. Kanter did his work with Sully out of the game. No way around it...

  • Replies 126
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kanter is the better NBA prospect, no doubt. Sully is made to be a monster in college. Go back and watch the Adidas Nations game. Kanter did his work with Sully out of the game. No way around it...

 

So one game tells you every thing about the two players. This doesn't sound like the GT I know....

  • Author
So one game tells you every thing about the two players. This doesn't sound like the GT I know....

 

It's what everyone used to say Kanter is the better player, so yes I do use it because it was not a measure of the two against each other heads up. At this stage I think both are even. Kanter with better long term upside and Sully more made to own the game at the college level. Simply a matter of where they are at this stage of development. Sully has the tools Kanter needs to develop already built in like how to score from either block with either hand on any type of move. Kanter will catch up there long term, but he doesn't have that skill set yet...

  • Author

And for the record I don't love Sully as a NBA talent right now. I do love Kanter in that light. It's all about the college game in this evaluation. Sully is the most polished big man recruit I have seen even though he is not ideal in terms of NBA size and athleticism. Kanter has both of those attributes, but he isn't nearly as polished from the get go...

If Kanter is somehow ruled eligible, Kentucky has a legitimate shot at the national title.

 

As of now, I'll take Duke as my early favorite. Ohio State looked great though. I love the way the make up of their team. Sullinger is a beast and Diebler is lights out. I'm pretty sure this is David Lighty's 8th year...

  • Author
If Kanter is somehow ruled eligible, Kentucky has a legitimate shot at the national title.

 

Ifs and buts. Candy and nuts. He would put UK right in the mix, but it is a miracle at best.

 

As of now, I'll take Duke as my early favorite.

 

Way to go out on a limb. Really put yourself out there... :lol:

Way to go out on a limb. Really put yourself out there... :lol:

 

Do you consider picking the preseason #5 team who just so happens to be a Sweet 16 team that went 29-8 last year, returns 4 starters and adds the most polished big man in the class "going out on a limb"?

I'm going Michigan State. Lucas has been there for about 12 years it feels like, it's about time he gets to cut down the nets.

  • Author
Do you consider picking the preseason #5 team who just so happens to be a Sweet 16 team that went 29-8 last year, returns 4 starters and adds the most polished big man in the class "going out on a limb"?

 

Considering they lost Evan Turner, sure do...

Considering they lost Evan Turner, sure do...

 

By picking a top 5 team you aren't really going out on a limb.....at least not a very long limb. But since most are picking Duke or Michigan State you're at least not picking the obvious.

  • Author
By picking a top 5 team you aren't really going out on a limb.....at least not a very long limb. But since most are picking Duke or Michigan State you're at least not picking the obvious.

 

It's a sturdy limb... :D

It's going to pain me greatly to type this, but I am going with the Ohio State Buckeyes to cut down the nets on the first Monday in April. Sullinger adds the missing ingredient of a massive presence in the paint to go with a well balanced roster on the outside. Now I need to go take a shower... :lol:

 

Gt, I like your posts in the thread. Ohio State is very good. But, they have issues at the guard spot. Buford can't be the starting point guard all season and this team win it all. I've loved the kid since he was in high school, but he's not a point guard. Neither is Diebler, nor Lighty, so who runs the show for this team?

 

The Buckeyes played a freshman a lot tonight at the point, and he did very well, but he is a freshman. Is he the answer? If he is, who in the starting five takes a seat?

It's what everyone used to say Kanter is the better player, so yes I do use it because it was not a measure of the two against each other heads up. At this stage I think both are even. Kanter with better long term upside and Sully more made to own the game at the college level. Simply a matter of where they are at this stage of development. Sully has the tools Kanter needs to develop already built in like how to score from either block with either hand on any type of move. Kanter will catch up there long term, but he doesn't have that skill set yet...

 

So do you see him as a more versatile version of "The Trailor" or "Big Baby" that's what it sounds like when you say he's built for college, but not so much the NBA like Kanter? I could've probably come up with more versatile comparisons but I'm lazy and I've had a few drinks........

If we have to choose unfortunately at this stage in the game I'd say Duke, however it's not likely they'll repeat. If Duke does repeat I think Coach K should retire....... mostly because I don't care for Duke.

Duke is loaded... and I'm not even being biased (wait, I am). Ohio St. looked pretty good though.

 

We need to have a talk....:D

 

I was really impressed with Ohio St. last night. Lots of games to play and anythign can happen. Who would of picked Butler to be in the finals last year?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.