Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Write This Down: 2010-2011 National Champs Edition

Featured Replies

I think Ohio St is better than Duke with or without Irving.

 

No way, no how. Duke would have 3 of the top 10 players in the country in the starting line up.

  • Replies 126
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK a few less "enters". :D Point is the are clearly the best team right now.

 

They are the best team just because they've escaped defeat for now and remain undefeated. If you check their previous games then there is no way you can say they are far and away the best team right now. As of now (a Irvingless Duke team), I don't think there will be a clearcut favorite. I think there is about 3,4 maybe 5 teams that are all legitimately right there and could claim they are the best team.

No way, no how. Duke would have 3 of the top 10 players in the country in the starting line up.

 

Irving I'll give you, but who are the other two? I think it's a stretch to put Singler and Smith in there (assuming that's who you're talking about).

No way, no how. Duke would have 3 of the top 10 players in the country in the starting line up.

 

Kyrie Irving, Duke

Jared Sullinger, Ohio State

Kemba Walker, Connecticut

Jordan Hamilton, Texas

Jimmer Fredette, BYU

JaJuan Johnson, Purdue

LaceDarius Dunn, Baylor

Jacob Pullen, Kansas State

Perry Jones, Baylor

Josh Selby, Kansas

Derrick Williams, Arizona

 

 

That's 11 right off the top of my head, and I left some guys (Hummel, Singleton, Leonard, Jones, etc.), off that I could easily put as on par if not beter than Smith and Singler.

Kyrie Irving, Duke

Jared Sullinger, Ohio State

Kemba Walker, Connecticut

Jordan Hamilton, Texas

Jimmer Fredette, BYU

JaJuan Johnson, Purdue

LaceDarius Dunn, Baylor

Jacob Pullen, Kansas State

Perry Jones, Baylor

Josh Selby, Kansas

Derrick Williams, Arizona

 

 

That's 11 right off the top of my head, and I left some guys (Hummel, Singleton, Leonard, Jones, etc.), off that I could easily put as on par if not beter than Smith and Singler.

 

Lol this list is not even close to being acceptable. Smith AND Singler belong over all of those guys except Sullinger, Walker, Jimmer, and MAYBE JaJuan Johnson.

Lol this list is not even close to being acceptable. Smith AND Singler belong over all of those guys except Sullinger, Walker, Jimmer, and MAYBE JaJuan Johnson.

 

Must not watch much Big 12 ball...:ohbrother: :lol:

Kyrie Irving, Duke

Jared Sullinger, Ohio State

Kemba Walker, Connecticut

Jordan Hamilton, Texas

Jimmer Fredette, BYU

JaJuan Johnson, Purdue

LaceDarius Dunn, Baylor

Jacob Pullen, Kansas State

Perry Jones, Baylor

Josh Selby, Kansas

Derrick Williams, Arizona

 

 

That's 11 right off the top of my head, and I left some guys (Hummel, Singleton, Leonard, Jones, etc.), off that I could easily put as on par if not beter than Smith and Singler.

 

Come on now.

Must not watch much Big 12 ball...:ohbrother: :lol:

 

You must not of watched the NCAA tournament last year. They even beat both Purdue and Baylor (practically a home game for them).

I would say right now its clearly OSU. Pitt, Nova,BYU, and San Diego State are also in the mix. IF Duke, Kentucky, Texas and Washington keep a hot streak going, they may also have a chance.

You must not of watched the NCAA tournament last year. They even beat both Purdue and Baylor (practically a home game for them).

 

So because Duke as a team is better than Purdue or Baylor, that means the individual players on Duke are all individually better than those on Purdue or Baylor? Interesting...Perry Jones wasn't on Baylor last year FYI.

So because Duke as a team is better than Purdue or Baylor, that means the individual players on Duke are all individually better than those on Purdue or Baylor? Interesting...Perry Jones wasn't on Baylor last year FYI.

 

I don't know what you're really talking about, but I would give you the benefit of the doubt if this were about future NBA prospects. All the guys you mentioned might have better pro careers than Smith or Singler, but those two are definitely the better college players.

Also, you honestly think Josh Selby is a better play than Nolan Smith...?

Derrick Williams: 29 MPG, 19.7 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 1.1 APG, 0.8 BPG, .623 FG%, .704 3PT%, .758 FT%

Kyle Singler: 33.7 MPG, 18.1 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 1.6 APG, 0.4 BPG, .444 FG%, .387 3PT%, .803 FT%

Jordan Hamilton: 30.8 MPG, 19.5 PPG, 7.2 RPG, 2.3 APG, 0.6 BPG, .410 FG%, .365 3PT%, .750 FT%

 

Yeah, Singler is just clearly better than the guys I listed...

Also, you honestly think Josh Selby is a better play than Nolan Smith...?

 

Yes. 2 years from now we'll be hearing about Selby as an impact guy at the next level. Same won't be said about Smith.

I don't know what you're really talking about, but I would give you the benefit of the doubt if this were about future NBA prospects. All the guys you mentioned might have better pro careers than Smith or Singler, but those two are definitely the better college players.

 

The numbers don't really back that up (especially in Singler's case), but you're entitled to your own opinion. :thumb:

 

He said that they beat Purdue and Baylor in the tournament last year, like that somehow means Smith and Singler are better than anyone on Baylor's or Purdue's team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.