Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Write This Down: 2010-2011 National Champs Edition

Featured Replies

If Hummel wouldn't have went down again, Purdue was my choice. Now that he's gone, I'm going with somewhat of a sleeper....the Wildcats of Villanova.

  • Replies 126
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tOSU is as good of a pick as anyone else. If you wanted to go out on a limb, pick someone like Georgia :D Obviously Duke is the favorite, and rightfully so, but they are not an overly dominate team.

  • Author
Gt, I like your posts in the thread. Ohio State is very good. But, they have issues at the guard spot. Buford can't be the starting point guard all season and this team win it all. I've loved the kid since he was in high school, but he's not a point guard. Neither is Diebler, nor Lighty, so who runs the show for this team?

 

The Buckeyes played a freshman a lot tonight at the point, and he did very well, but he is a freshman. Is he the answer? If he is, who in the starting five takes a seat?

 

Craft is by far their best option at PG. Just going to have to rotate the other guys around based on the opponent...

  • Author
So do you see him as a more versatile version of "The Trailor" or "Big Baby" that's what it sounds like when you say he's built for college, but not so much the NBA like Kanter? I could've probably come up with more versatile comparisons but I'm lazy and I've had a few drinks........

 

Danny Fortson but a few inches taller...

I really like Ohio State as well. Sully is the best frosh big man in the country, period. His skill set at both ends of the floor is off the charts for his age. Very polished and a complete player. Add that the Buckeyes are loaded with depth when you look at their roster, and I think they have to be considered a top 3 team by seasons' end. They have experience and seasoned veterans in Lighty, Buford, Lauderdale, and Diebler. They also have young talent with Sully, Thomas, and Craft. I also think as the season progresses you'll see them add even more depth as Weatherspoon and Sibert come along more. It's hard to believe this frosh group wasn't the #1 class for 2010.

 

Duke is also very good though. Top to bottom, I think they're the most complete team, which is why they're #1 right now. Their out of conference schedule of Marquette, Michigan St, Kansas St, and Butler will let us know just how far ahead of the pack they really are.

You may be right, but it seems kind of silly to base it all on a November thumping of an overrated Florida squad.

  • Author
You may be right, but it seems kind of silly to base it all on a November thumping of an overrated Florida squad.

 

See post #8...

Speaking of the Buckeyes, does it not seem like David Lighty has been there the past 20 seasons?

  • Author
Speaking of the Buckeyes, does it not seem like David Lighty has been there the past 20 seasons?

 

He's no Scottie Reynolds...

He's no Scottie Reynolds...

 

I was shocked when I didn't see him on the court this year. :lol:

That's how it works. Every year I watch a week or so of action, and the team that impresses me the most I go with. Started with the Florida team in the 1st year of their run, and I haven't been right since... :lol:

 

Good to know you haven't been right since then! :thumb:

It's a sturdy limb... :D

 

It's more like the tree trunk itself.

  • Author
It's more like the tree trunk itself.

 

Says the guy that picked Duke... :lol:

Says the guy that picked Duke... :lol:

 

I'm not the one who claims to be going out on a limb...

  • Author
I'm not the one who claims to be going out on a limb...

 

I simply said I wasn't going with the easy pick, which is Duke... :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.