January 27, 201115 yr Derrick Williams: 29 MPG, 19.7 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 1.1 APG, 0.8 BPG, .623 FG%, .704 3PT%, .758 FT% Kyle Singler: 33.7 MPG, 18.1 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 1.6 APG, 0.4 BPG, .444 FG%, .387 3PT%, .803 FT% Jordan Hamilton: 30.8 MPG, 19.5 PPG, 7.2 RPG, 2.3 APG, 0.6 BPG, .410 FG%, .365 3PT%, .750 FT% Yeah, Singler is just clearly better than the guys I listed... What about the poll on ESPN.com right now? Who gets your vote for player of the year as of now? The options: Jimmer, Kemba, Sullinger, and...Kyle Singler. Just like I said. Where are your boys at, Hamilton and Williams???
January 27, 201115 yr What about the poll on ESPN.com right now? Who gets your vote for player of the year as of now? The options: Jimmer, Kemba, Sullinger, and...Kyle Singler. Just like I said. Where are your boys at, Hamilton and Williams??? If you haven't realized the media, especially ESPN's love affair with Duke players by now, there's no point arguing this. Check out the NBA Draft Machine....Where's your boy Singler? Hamilton and Williams are there. The numbers back it up, Williams and Hamilton are on par, if not better, with Singler. Williams is shooting over 70% from 3 point range for god sakes.
January 27, 201115 yr If you haven't realized the media, especially ESPN's love affair with Duke players by now, there's no point arguing this. Check out the NBA Draft Machine....Where's your boy Singler? Hamilton and Williams are there. The numbers back it up, Williams and Hamilton are on par, if not better, with Singler. Williams is shooting over 70% from 3 point range for god sakes. I would put Smith on the POY list instead of Singler honestly. But the NBA Draft Machine is once again based on potential. That 3 pt state is ridiculous and I can't comment on Williams but I'd take Singler any day of the week over Hamilton. There is room for both in the top 10 though.
January 27, 201115 yr I would put Smith on the POY list instead of Singler honestly. But the NBA Draft Machine is once again based on potential. That 3 pt state is ridiculous and I can't comment on Williams but I'd take Singler any day of the week over Hamilton. There is room for both in the top 10 though. I think he's something like 19-27 on the year. So while he hasn't attempted that many (about 1.5 a game), he's still making them when he does. That tells me that he doesn't force it, and takes them well within the normal flow of the offense. I'd put Singler ahead of Smith, but that's just me. Regardless of top 10 or not, I think we can both agree that they're all some of the elite talent in the game, and every team would love to have any of them. :thumb:
January 27, 201115 yr I think he's something like 19-27 on the year. So while he hasn't attempted that many (about 1.5 a game), he's still making them when he does. That tells me that he doesn't force it, and takes them well within the normal flow of the offense. I'd put Singler ahead of Smith, but that's just me. Regardless of top 10 or not, I think we can both agree that they're all some of the elite talent in the game, and every team would love to have any of them. :thumb: Still an unbelievable percentage for almost 30 attempts. Only reason I put Smith ahead as far as POY candidates is because Smith controls the ball more hence him taking more shots and producing slightly more. Talent wise I would also take Singler. But yep, they are all great talents and having great seasons while leading their teams to the top of the rankings.
January 28, 201115 yr Those were very good, and no doubt belong amoung the best ever but "far and away" :confused:? Gimme a break :lol:. UK's 96' team certainly belongs in that group, imo probably were better and the 97' U.K. team was also right there, imo if Pitino would have let Anderson play after the doctors had cleared him and the parents said go then U.K. would have had a three peat national title run, 96,97 and 98. I know that you said the ones that you remember so I'll not call you on the 75, 76 IU teams. UK beat the 75 IU team in a regional final and lost the NC game to UCLA, John Woodens last game. Then of course there the 10 national title teams of Wooden's UCLA dynasty, some were unbelievably great teams. I was talking about the best teams that didn't win......geez.
January 28, 201115 yr There's a bunch of teams, IMO, better than both of those. 96 UK team is the best I've seen in my lifetime, followed very closely by the 2009 UNC team, 90 UNLV team, 01 & 92 Duke teams, & 07 Florida team. If you're far & away the best team, then you win the national championship. The two teams you mentioned above did not. With Irving out for Duke, I don't see anyone being that much ahead of anyone else. Buckeyes look to be the best right now, but I'm not sold on the quality of the Big 10. Still, I think they're a level ahead of everyone else. Is this a hard concept.....I was talking about teams that didn't win it all.
March 26, 201115 yr This thread is awesome. Anyone who gave a prediction was way off, including myself.
March 26, 201115 yr He still may have been right if OSU didnt get screwed and run into one of the best 4 seeds maybe of all time in the sweet 16.
March 26, 201115 yr He still may have been right if OSU didnt get screwed and run into one of the best 4 seeds maybe of all time in the sweet 16. I agree that tOSU had a tough draw. They have to come up with a better way to seed teams. Not making an excuse, just the reality of the situation.
March 26, 201115 yr I agree that tOSU had a tough draw. They have to come up with a better way to seed teams. Not making an excuse, just the reality of the situation. tOSU has to look no further than their school President for the draw they got.
March 26, 201115 yr Author tOSU has to look no further than their school President for the draw they got. He's not allowed to participate when OSU is being discussed...
March 26, 201115 yr He's not allowed to participate when OSU is being discussed... He's not even allowed in the room is he?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.