Mercer County Coach

sportsfan08

I think the real question here is this, Is anyone seriously thinking about the kids? It would seem that things could get done fairly quick but the administration does not seem to care about what the kids think or doing what's best for them. Hire someone, Yeast, Buchanon, Rains, or whoever and get them here in January so the kids that play have direction sooner than later. There are a few jobs that are open due to coaches resigning and they have been posted. I assume they will be conductng interviews sooner than later. We have known about this job being open for a few weeks now and they still have not posted the position. For the sake of the kids, make a decision and go with it. The longer Mercer takes to hire a coach, the worse the season will be for the kids next season. It will not matter who the coach is! It will be tough to have much if any success! No direction in the off-season strength and conditioning and no spring football spells another 2 or 3 year setback for a program that has promise, but not much direction right now. There are good kids over there, if Mercer is not careful most of parents will start taking their kids to other places. I hope that doesn't happen but it is certainly something that could.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the real question here is this, Is anyone seriously thinking about the kids? It would seem that things could get done fairly quick but the administration does not seem to care about what the kids think or doing what's best for them. Hire someone, Yeast, Buchanon, Rains, or whoever and get them here in January so the kids that play have direction sooner than later. There are a few jobs that are open due to coaches resigning and they have been posted. I assume they will be conductng interviews sooner than later. We have known about this job being open for a few weeks now and they still have not posted the position. For the sake of the kids, make a decision and go with it. The longer Mercer takes to hire a coach, the worse the season will be for the kids next season. It will not matter who the coach is! It will be tough to have much if any success! No direction in the off-season strength and conditioning and no spring football spells another 2 or 3 year setback for a program that has promise, but not much direction right now. There are good kids over there, if Mercer is not careful most of parents will start taking their kids to other places. I hope that doesn't happen but it is certainly something that could.

Premier, you make some valid points. This was my whole point from the beginning of this process. We all knew how this whole thing would be handled. That was the whole reasoning that I thought it was bad for our program to have a change at the top. Nothing anyone could have done about it the coach left on his own. I know my opinion is in the minority but I do know that they had a lot of things put in place to help build our program. Now we are going to be set back. The players will not be held accountable and I know people will say that this person or that person is running the weight room but these kids know that the person running the weightroom will not be around in the fall and there will be no consequences for not showing.

The person running the weight room is Todd Davis. He will be around in the fall, he is the trainer. Yates is not going to do anything until about Feb. He does not see the urgency of the situation. Top programs, with administrations that care, find a way to get things done. I sometimes wonder if Yates is purposely working against the program? He has shown nothing to indicate otherwise so far.

The person running the weight room is Todd Davis. He will be around in the fall, he is the trainer. Yates is not going to do anything until about Feb. He does not see the urgency of the situation. Top programs, with administrations that care, find a way to get things done. I sometimes wonder if Yates is purposely working against the program? He has shown nothing to indicate otherwise so far.

I think the bolded part is a no brainer!!

According to a Buchanan family member he has no interest in returning to Mercer. I am sure that is the answer he has to give being that he is already has a job. I still think that is a long shot, although I did hear the rumblings about a position at the Freshman academy for Buchanan but also heard there are people within the district that have time that are also wanting that position.

Everyone just needs to take a deep breath this is going to be a long drawn out process that is a long way from its conclusion. I am sure there have been a few calls made just to get a feel but other than that I don't beleive anything serious is taking place.

There may be some posturing being done by some of the candidates but I don't think the administration is anywhere close to conducting an interview.

I am a family member, David Buchanan's brother-in-law, Woody Holt. I, along with my wife live in Harrodsburg and Dave's dad lives in Danville. So which one of us 'family members' have you talked to? We don't need anyone to speak for us. Get your information straight.

- Woody Holt

Edited by makin tracks

I am a family member, David Buchanan's brother-in-law, Woody Holt. I, along with my wife live in Harrodsburg and Dave's dad lives in Danville. So which one of us 'family members' have you talked to? We don't need anyone to speak for us. Get your information straight.

- Woody Holt

Didn't mean to offend anyone. I wouldn't post it unless I knew what I heard. I am sure all the family is flooded with questions as to whether Coach is coming home.

I was just relaying what I was told didn't think it was anything earth shattering. I think Buchanan to Mercer would be great for our program.

Didn't mean to offend anyone. I wouldn't post it unless I knew what I heard. I am sure all the family is flooded with questions as to whether Coach is coming home.

I was just relaying what I was told didn't think it was anything earth shattering. I think Buchanan to Mercer would be great for our program.

No offense taken, just setting it straight. And what you 'heard' is just that... we are all hearing all kinds of stuff. So, just because you hear something doesn't mean its true. So it is obvious you have not talked to any of the family and that was my point.

And thanks for the compliment on Buchanan being great for the program. Of course I happen to agree with you. I've seen what he has done at Mason Co. He's first class in every way, and the fact he is my brother-in-law makes me a little biased I guess you'd say, but I know I don't stand alone on that.

-Woody Holt

Do you know that for a fact? I think he is what Mercer needs. Hope he gets a chance to go home or they give him a chance. If this is the case, then you have to do what you have to do. Have they even posted the Mercer job for anyone to apply yet anyway?

Do you know that for a fact? I think he is what Mercer needs. Hope he gets a chance to go home or they give him a chance. If this is the case, then you have to do what you have to do. Have they even posted the Mercer job for anyone to apply yet anyway?

I heard that will be posted on Friday, December 3rd. Guess we'll see if that happens on Friday.

I heard that will be posted on Friday, December 3rd. Guess we'll see if that happens on Friday.

Last I heard was they will post it on Monday, December 6th. Supposedly they're waiting to get the banquet over with and the banquet is this Sunday. Either way, its gonna start to get interesting in the next few weeks.

Just a couple of things I find odd. The posting of the job is totally irrelevant, and everyone is making too big of a deal out of that. They don't even have to post the job. Did they post the basketball job? If they know who they want they could have hired them the day after Mason resigned.

Now that being said if they are going outside they will need to have a teaching job to provide the person they hire that is where it gets tricky. I think we all know who the main players for this postiion are and there is a few people that are working diligently to pull it off.

Also I beleive this is going to be a long process and there will probably be feathers ruffled before all is said and done.