Mercer County Coach

sportsfan08

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First title of the the thread and job opening may not be that far off. I know there are many in Mercer County who would love to get MASON County's coach, David Buchanan. This has been a hope of the fan faithful the past few times the job was open, but it never worked out. Buchanan is a graduate of Mercer County, played for Coach Larry French, coached with Chuck Smith (at Mercer) and has built a successful program at Mason County. :thumb:

PurplePride is 100% correct when he said they need to hire a coach who is a disciplinarian and one that will let the parents know who is running the program. The coach... not them! Parents need to support the new coach, administration needs to support the new coach and leave him alone to do his job. Which in the current state will be a huge undertaking, but one that can pay big dividends as there is talent at Mercer, but no real foundation set.

To the Mercer Administration and the 'powers that be' - please don't blow this opportunity!!

First title of the the thread and job opening may not be that far off. I know there are many in Mercer County who would love to get MASON County's coach, David Buchanan. This has been a hope of the fan faithful the past few times the job was open, but it never worked out. Buchanan is a graduate of Mercer County, played for Coach Larry French, coached with Chuck Smith (at Mercer) and has built a successful program at Mason County. :thumb:

PurplePride is 100% correct when he said they need to hire a coach who is a disciplinarian and one that will let the parents know who is running the program. The coach... not them! Parents need to support the new coach, administration needs to support the new coach and leave him alone to do his job. Which in the current state will be a huge undertaking, but one that can pay big dividends as there is talent at Mercer, but no real foundation set.

To the Mercer Administration and the 'powers that be' - please don't blow this opportunity!!

It will not happen! Too many variables that have to fall into place. I don't know Buchanan as well as you do I am sure, but he would be insane to get involved in this climate. I find it quite odd that your statement of supporting the new coach when you showed little for the previous.

Again you say disciplinarian but what would Buchanan do if he disciplined a kid and their parent called the administation and complained and they supported the parent? Please don't fool yourself into thinking that they would support him! Hasn't happened in many years and it won't happen now!

Heck ask the baseball coach about support he had a heck of a season going and the parents complained that he practiced too long. What do you think happened..................thats right he had to shorten his practices. The basketball coach was within 3 points of the sweet sixteen and they fire him.

This is a really tough situation currently! It is going to take the efforts of administrators, coaches and fans to pull us out of this and yes it is going to take parents getting their feelings hurt.

You also forgot that David Buchanan's dad John was a coach for Mercer as well.

It would be exactly what the Mercer program needed to get David but if the Administration continues to act in the same manner as in the past, I would hope he didn't come.

Whoever has David as a coach is a fortunate program. :thumb: