Mercer County Coach

sportsfan08

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the administration needs to leave the coach alone and let him coach. I just don't think Mason was a good head coach. He needs to engage parents in off the field activities and issues and tell them to go have a seat on all football related issues. He didn't bond well with the community for some reason. Could be because he didn't live in Mercer County, could be something else. Those type things are critical for coaching success.

I agree that the administration needs to leave the coach alone and let him coach. I just don't think Mason was a good head coach. He needs to engage parents in off the field activities and issues and tell them to go have a seat on all football related issues. He didn't bond well with the community for some reason. Could be because he didn't live in Mercer County, could be something else. Those type things are critical for coaching success.

The bottom line is that any coach in this district has his or her legs cut out from under them. All any parent has to do is complain and their word is taken over a coaches. That is just the climate, I hear it in the stands every week.

Yeast

Buchanan

Rains

Jason Dunn

Whoever it is they need to get someone quickly becasue this team needs to be in the weightroom!

The bottom line is that any coach in this district has his or her legs cut out from under them. All any parent has to do is complain and their word is taken over a coaches. That is just the climate, I hear it in the stands every week.

Yeast

Buchanan

Rains

Jason Dunn

Whoever it is they need to get someone quickly becasue this team needs to be in the weightroom!

Who is Rains and does Jason Dunn teach? Don't you have to be a teacher to coach? What about Dennis Johnson? Does he have a shot at an interview?

I am sure if the boys want to use the weightroom they can. Waiting on a coach to lift is just an excuse. Plus the assistants are still there. Someone should have them in the weightroom. If they can't self motivate to get in the weightroom then the lack of a head coach is only part of the problem. Maybe they can lift with the basketball team. I hear they have been lifting non stop and will continue to lift through the season.

I have heard the complaints in the stands too. Administration needs to handle things differently than they have. Some coaches are going to curse, nature of the beast. As far as weightligting, there has too be a coach present for them to lift. They are self motivated PurplePride, can't lift if a coach isn't there. I agree they need to be in the weight room. My opinion is you either go with a proven coach or completely the other way, a rookie coach. Maybe even look at Floro the middle school coach.

Who is Rains and does Jason Dunn teach? Don't you have to be a teacher to coach? What about Dennis Johnson? Does he have a shot at an interview?

I am sure if the boys want to use the weightroom they can. Waiting on a coach to lift is just an excuse. Plus the assistants are still there. Someone should have them in the weightroom. If they can't self motivate to get in the weightroom then the lack of a head coach is only part of the problem. Maybe they can lift with the basketball team. I hear they have been lifting non stop and will continue to lift through the season.

Bingo you just hit the nail onthe head. I am sure the weightroom is open if they want to use it, but as you know there is alot more that goes into the off season than benching and squating. I can assure you without someone forcing them to lift the turnout will be very light.

My opinion is that this mess that we have created at Mercer county is not a place to throw some rookie coach. Maybe Jaggers would be interested in coming back?

I have heard the complaints in the stands too. Administration needs to handle things differently than they have. Some coaches are going to curse, nature of the beast. As far as weightligting, there has too be a coach present for them to lift. They are self motivated PurplePride, can't lift if a coach isn't there. I agree they need to be in the weight room. My opinion is you either go with a proven coach or completely the other way, a rookie coach. Maybe even look at Floro the middle school coach.

True. That's why I was asking if they could lift with the basketball team. I was told they are hitting the weights hard.

Bingo you just hit the nail onthe head. I am sure the weightroom is open if they want to use it, but as you know there is alot more that goes into the off season than benching and squating. I can assure you without someone forcing them to lift the turnout will be very light.

My opinion is that this mess that we have created at Mercer county is not a place to throw some rookie coach. Maybe Jaggers would be interested in coming back?

No doubt. Some of the kids I know on the team hate having to lift.

Interesting that you say Jaggers. Do you think he would come back? I know he is still in the area. I am sure he would love to coach James Johnson.

No doubt. Some of the kids I know on the team hate having to lift.

Interesting that you say Jaggers. Do you think he would come back? I know he is still in the area. I am sure he would love to coach James Johnson.

I am sure Jaggers would come back for a price!!!!!!!!!!!As for James he is fantastic and was a joy to watch run and when they lost both he and Guay at the QB position the season seem to change dramatically. I only hope that we find some way to put a dominate offensive line on the field for him to run behind.

Jaggers is the one that created the mess in the first place...

I wasn't going to go there, but I know there is a lot of people that feel that way. I hate to keep saying it but our program is an absolute mess and if people think that next year is going to be dramatically better we will be back in the same boat next year. The issue is everyone is blaming Mason, he was the head coach for 15 months! He had one off season and he had the weightroom open 4 days a week and several mornings before school, he had spring practice and he had a system he believed in.

Now I feel that we have just set ourselves back! Our team will not have an organized off season and then they will learn a new system next year. I just think that him resigning was not what this program needed. I know there are several that feel differently but I try to look at the big picture and I saw what was going on behind the scenes and what was going on there was how a successful program was built.

Hardwork!

I wasn't going to go there, but I know there is a lot of people that feel that way. I hate to keep saying it but our program is an absolute mess and if people think that next year is going to be dramatically better we will be back in the same boat next year. The issue is everyone is blaming Mason, he was the head coach for 15 months! He had one off season and he had the weightroom open 4 days a week and several mornings before school, he had spring practice and he had a system he believed in.

Now I feel that we have just set ourselves back! Our team will not have an organized off season and then they will learn a new system next year. I just think that him resigning was not what this program needed. I know there are several that feel differently but I try to look at the big picture and I saw what was going on behind the scenes and what was going on there was how a successful program was built.

Hardwork!

I agree, but I think they were wanting to see some more progress. I believe they felt like they were spinning their wheels and wanted to move on to something different.