Madison Southern job open

BIG_BALLIN

First off I'll say this, Coach Brumley was one of the hardest working guys I have ever meet. As a parent I have watched this guy put in more hours and work then all the other head coaches at this school combined. There is not another coach who will out work this man. When Dave took this job over there was NO DISCIPLINE, Players were doing what they wanted in the classroom, and were not held accountable for there actions off the field. Dave may not have won many games, but his players were in the weightroom, coaches were by his side working, and players were more in tune with what to do in and out of the classroom. Madison Southern football is one of the highest paid positions in the state. Administrations in this school system do not understand what it takes to support a program. I use Southern and Central both in this example. When these kids play middle school ball they rarely lose, but over the last several years when they get to highschool something fails these kids. Highschool football is a something that has to be FULLY supported at all levels in schools and in the community to be able to succeed. I will say this, if Southern wants to win no matter who the coach is, the people and community that brings the next coach in better take a long look in the mirror, and ask themselves if they are willing to commit as well.

GO EAGLES!!!

I just looked at their roster and they only had 34 players. It's going to be hard to compete in 5A next year with that kind of participation. Is there no talent, or are kids not willing to come out for football?

There is talent in the hallways. Coach Brumley's biggest downfall was recruiting the hallways. Kids wanted to play, but also didn't want to put in the time during the off-season. That's a big "catch 22" do you tell kids they can't play because they didn't put in the time, or do you let them on a draw a line between the kids who did put in the time. Southern has the capability to compete each year, but kids have to get off X-BOX and come lift and work a little bit.

There is talent in the hallways. Coach Brumley's biggest downfall was recruiting the hallways. Kids wanted to play, but also didn't want to put in the time during the off-season. That's a big "catch 22" do you tell kids they can't play because they didn't put in the time, or do you let them on a draw a line between the kids who did put in the time. Southern has the capability to compete each year, but kids have to get off X-BOX and come lift and work a little bit.

There is no catch 22. You play with the kids who are willing to work and be accountable, or your program will never be good.